Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 950 sound bar demo mode problem

(Topic created on: 16-07-2019 07:57 PM)
Redmo
First Poster
Options

@I just got a shop display n950 and I cannot connect the rear surrounds or the woofer because when I go into the set up mode instead of Init it displays shop6. I have updated the firmware but cannot get past the shop6 message. I can change shop6 to shop1 through to 7, but cannot switch it off and get to init so that I can pair the extra speakers. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Dawn6
First Poster
Options

After 2 years my 850 has done this same exact thing...what did you end up doing?

0 Likes
mbonadio
Student
Options

I know this is an older thread - but I just had an experience with shop mode after updating my Q950T firmware to 1019.5.

After the firmware updated the soundbar kept switching source, and cutting on and off. I called support. They couldn't even tell me how to factory reset, as it wasn't responding to the +/- buttons and doing an INIT. So they suggested I ship it back to them. I mentioned to support that I see "shop" message. He said that happens after a reset.

I played around more. I discovered that it was in shop mode. And to get it out a google search showed me to press "-" and hold while power is off. Bingo, I was able to turn off shop mode.

And as soon as I did - buttons started working again, and I was able to do a factory reset, and re-pair my speakers. Since then the  soundbar has been working great - so far!

Really disappointed that they wasted 6 hours of my day, and in 2 hours on the phone with 3 people couldn't solve this - I solved it myself using the internet! Wow! That's sad.

Anyway, the new firmware works well, and it's good knowing that shop mode is a thing! Hopefully my subwoofer pairs on power up now. That was what started all this - and I was furious when they had me update firmware and caused all kinds of issues, and then wanted me to pay to box it up so they could send me a shipping label!  Terrible support Samsung - you can do better.

hazchem
First Poster
Options

OMG FINALLY! After a week of my TV no longer staying connected via e-arc to my Q950 soundbar, it was because it was in Demo mode. Now to find who's been pressing buttons when they shouldn't. Thank you!

0 Likes
Bobsie
First Poster
Options

Hiya just jumping on this, how long did you hold down the - for? 

0 Likes
Snorkonaut
First Poster
Options

Hi! I just bought a soundbar which was on display in a shop and encountered this issue! Holding down the  "-" button while the soundbar was off, for between five and ten seconds,  until the lights started flashing!

My soundbar would just all of a sudden go on max volume about every other minute but this seemed to do the trick! Thanks a lot for the help! 

0 Likes