Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S800B Soundbar Alexa Stopped Working

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 12:17 PM)
TallT
First Poster
Options

Alexa was working perfectly. Now it no longer responds to voice commands - no lights appear. Restarted the devices, disconnected and readded Alexa in both Samsung and Alexa apps. Mic is on. Very frustrating, any ideas welcomed.

10 REPLIES 10
Elena kroshka
Student
Options

I have same issue on q990b soundbar 

0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Yes I've got the same issue on the S801B - Alexa was working but has now stopped listening. Played around with some my settings and resetting etc but no joy ?
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
I've actually lost patience with this, been faffing around for 2 days now, Alexa doesn't work, it doesn't add to Smartthings straight away, needs several goes. The main thing is it doesn't connect to either of my latest Samsung T.V's 2020 & 2021 models via Wi-Fi - sending it back
0 Likes
lucai87
First Poster
Options

Same issue

0 Likes
Gertjan83
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Worked for about 20 min after taking it out the box and now doesn’t respond to the wake command. It’s the s801b

Randy86
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing issues too. I have a q810b and setup Alexa. It worked for five minutes and now when I say 'alexa' it says wifi disconnected but my soundbar is working while on wifi. It's very frustrating 

0 Likes
fabiogameri
Apprentice
Options

same issue on Q800B, alexa turns on and stopped and get wifi disconnect, to fix that i need to unregister alexa from smart things

0 Likes
Members_Ad3N3FR
First Poster
Options

When I first unboxed and plugged in the soundbar when I saia "Alexa" the 3 red led lights would flash suggesting it had recognised the wake up command. However after installing onto wifi and also using blue tooth devices it no longer responds so have given up on alexa. The sound bar also goes offline and shuts down occasionally it will not respond to nay remote control signals . Only way of getting control back is to switch it off then on.  Seems like this is a common samsung issue but little response from samsung

0 Likes
codenamenuke
Student
Options

Same issue with S61A. Alexa worked fine for like 20 minutes and then vanished. Reset the soundbar, reconnected the apps. Nothing. Just does not respond. Also a weird issue of the soundbar just switching off every 20 minutes or so when connected with optical and there is no way to rectify this behavior. Basically, if I want to ise this soundbar, I have to do it without Alexa and manually switch it on every 20 minutes. Ridiculous. What is wrong with Samsung. Never buying any Audio device from Samsung ever again. Returned it in one day. So frustrating.