Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S61b soundbar freezing/crashing/unresponsive

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 06:12 PM)
mlanski
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I just bought the s61b (s60a) soundbar and am having major issues. The main ones are

1- the soundbar randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive. Pressing all buttons on remote does absolutely nothing, no lights on the slindbar either. Nothing works! When this happens sonetimes the audio just stops and other times i still hear audio but cant control it at all! This happens randomly or when playing with volume buttons. It's like to just crashes completely! Even power button doesn't work, only way ti get it back is to unplug and replug the power feom the soundbar. 

2- when watching a movie and switching sound modes (like adaptive, dts, standard ect) the sound will drop completely and won't turn back on, no matter what I press. Again only way to fix is to unplug and replug (sometimes more than once).

I feel like im scared to touch any button when it does work for fear it will crash..

I factory reset my tv and soundbar more than once and ensured both had most recent firmware on them yet problem still persists. I also replaced hdmia cables and tried a bunch of different ones including the one that came with the bar. 

These are very frustrating issues and should not be happening. Worse part is that I read about the same issues with other soundbars as well. This is my 3rd samsung soundbar.. I gave back the other 2 (q600a, q700a) because of similar issues as well! 

My setup: tv the frame 2021

Soundbar: s61b

Anyone have a fix for this? If this is not fixed it will be my absolute last samsung product we will ever purchase.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MAB81
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I’m having the exact same issue with my S60B, every single issue you described I am also experiencing….appears to have gotten progressively worse over the last 4/5 days.

I’ve only had the device 3 weeks, so I’m incredibly disappointed right now!!!

I called the Samsung helpline yesterday and spent 30/45 minutes in a call with somebody who thought the problem was HDMI port related in my TV (also Samsung less than a year old)……I let them do their thing to see if it worked, not at all unfortunately.

Stooped working again last night so I thought I’d leave it switched on to see whether it turned back in with the tbh this morning. Absolutely nothing! 

I noticed just now that when it was still unresponsive a moment ago, the smart things app couldn’t locate the device. Is this WI-FI related perhaps? I really don’t know, but right now I’m close to packing the item back up and walking back into the store with it. I’m not willing to spend more useless time on the phone when clearly there is a wider issue at play.

I’ve been searching the internet for days for a similar story, I’m really sorry you are experiencing the same, but it has given me a crumb of comfort that it isn’t only me it’s affecting.

Come on Samsung, what’s the problem with these…..I’ve got a £350 faulty device sat here!!!

0 Likes
MAB81
First Poster
Options

Update - taken the device back to the store and moved away from Samsung!

0 Likes
mlanski
First Poster
Options

Glad im not the only one!

I'm still on the fence but leaning towards doing the same. I read a reddit form of someone who suggested to mute the virtual assistant (press the mute button on the s60b). So far this works. 

I only tested volume controls, turn TV off and on, sleep ect and the soindbar has been working. Only thing with this is we lose ability to use spacefit or active voice amplifier.

Note, on the tv end, I  kept the soundmode on "tv+soundbar mode" and adaptive+ and using only Google tv remote (not samsung remotes). I control power of tv, soindbar and volume with the google tv remote. I stopped using samsung remotes.

I still need to test switching sound profiles but honestly, all this ***** we have to go through and workarounds is ridiculous, especially when all equipment is samsung.

Please find a firmware for this quickly, I can still return it, currently on the fence 😕

0 Likes
MAB81
First Poster
Options

As end users of a brand new device, we shouldn’t have to compromise on functionality by way of a workaround - honestly, it’s mental isn’t it?!

the chap at Currys was great tbh, didn’t fight me brining it back - which had me thinking I haven’t been the only one. He did ask whether I wanted a straight replacement….the thought filled me with dread 🤣.

So have plumped for a Sony bar, £50 cheaper but used the difference on a ridiculously expensive ultra high speed HDMI cable 🫣

I would be interested to know how you get on, would you mind keeping this thread moving? 

0 Likes
Alex Turton
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue of the s61 freezing and becoming unresponsive.  Except I’m using optical not hdmi. also the Alexa functionality simply doesn’t work. 

im having to unplug completely.plug back in. Then it comes back. But the airplay functionality doesn’t come back for several minutes I’m guessing while the wireless protocol reboots. 

not happy for £450. Taking it back to currys

0 Likes
MAB81
First Poster
Options

Infuriating isn’t it?! 

Currys were great tbh, encountered zero push back when I said I wanted to swap out for a different brand. 

It’s a shame as I generally like Samsung equipment, but the replacement Sony soundbar has been faultless since plugging in…..plus it’s really disappointing that Samsung don’t appear to be acknowledging a wider issue here.

0 Likes
Alex Turton
First Poster
Options

What did you get as a replacement?

0 Likes
MAB81
First Poster
Options

Sony ht-x8500

A little cheaper than the £350 I paid, so I spent the £50 difference on a quality (overpriced 🤣) HDMI cable.

A stylish, solid no frills soundbar with a straight forward remote and sound options. 

I just didn’t want to spend more you see. But if you have already parted with £450, you might have a different option within your price range.

0 Likes