Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra UHQ Upscaler not working w/ USB C headphones

(Topic created on: 13-09-2022 10:48 PM)
jennlw1211
First Poster
Options

I have a pair of USB C headphones plugged in and the UHQ Upscaler is still greyed out and will not let me turn it on. Anyone have a solution for this. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ddavidaa
First Poster
Options
I have same problem. Did you find a fix?
0 Likes
jennlw1211
First Poster
Options

I did not.  I also recently switched from Verizon to AT&T and in the process upgraded to an S22 Ultra and am having the same problem on my new phone. 😞

0 Likes
Dazede
Apprentice
Options
I'm having same problem with my s23 when wired headphones are connected the upscaler is fadedout
0 Likes
jennlw1211
First Poster
Options

I've now upgraded to the S24 Ultra.  It did the same thing on my S22 Ultra and is now doing the same thing with the S24 Ultra.  Not sure why Samsung includes that option if it doesn't allow it to be enabled on any of their phones.

0 Likes
Dazede
Apprentice
Options
I spoke with a Samsung help with the chat service.all he kept saying was are the headphones Samsung? Is the usb -c connecor Samsung and that was the problem but I told him Samsung don't make wired headphones??? At a loss. I think what he was saying is the chip in the c connect compatible.
0 Likes
DanielHage
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem with my S23 Ultra (and my wife's identical phone) since we bought them. Recently I went through the support steps again. I have several USB C to 3.5mm adapters including a Samsung branded one, and a high quality DAC at home. None of my wired connections will allow the UHQ Upscaler to be activated. The support people keep pointing to compatibility with all of my equipment. I pressed them and now will go to see an authorized repair shop. We will see what they say. I have a feeling with all the testing I have done, that it is a legacy feature that they have failed to update since the S10 series sadly. A friend of mine says his activates fine with a 3.5mm headphone set plugged in. I love good audio on the go and prefer wired sound over Bluetooth if I won't be moving around too much... Sad if they just don't care because wireless is the future... 

0 Likes
Dazede
Apprentice
Options
Listen, I've recently bought a pair of new headphones with a usb dac .upscaling, I've found out that it only adds extra 0s and 1s to the mix and does nothing for the sound quality. You can't make something sound better if it isn't there to begin with.. if that makes any sense
0 Likes