Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Samsung Soundbar HW-Q800A crashes on volume up and down

(Topic created on: 30-10-2021 12:54 AM)
adutto
Journeyman
Options

Update 28/10/2021

The problem is RESOLVED now with the new FW 1009.2, Thanks a lot Samsung for addressing it and release an update that is fixing the issue!

---

I am experiencing an annoying issue with my Sound bar HW-Q800A, when I watch a movie and I start playing with the up and down volume for less then one minute, it suddenly stops emitting audio and the sound bar is like crashed, if I press again the button up and down doesn't work, the only way out is to turn it off and on again. 

Here is the video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUk3A9SJvQ

It does it with the TV and also with Spotify connect, so I would exclude that it is not a Tv related problem. it happens both in wifi and HDMI. 

Do you know if there is any solution for this or it is an HW issue? 

I have the latest FW installed, what esle can I do?

If you have the same bar, can you please try the same thing to see if you can reproduce it on yours?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regars,

Alberto 

42 REPLIES 42
Erik S
Student
Options

Thanks!

It worked like a charm. The soundbar is working propperly again.

romankop420
Apprentice
Options

Well via after reinstalling the samsung smarthings app it shows me now that i have latest fw update!!! crazy how it did it by it's self!

Ladies and gents, thank you for all the input.

busy testing it out and so far so good 🙂

enjoy

0 Likes
Shabskii
Journeyman
Options

Great to hear bud! 

Throughly enjoying my soundbar again and zero issues ever since updating yesterday. Great work on the fix Samsung! 

Ehp1987
Apprentice
Options

On my HW-Q900A the new firmware also seems to have solved the problem. Special thanks to Adutto for creating the initial topic and adding the youtube video.

Although I am happy the problem is resolved I do feel its very strange that we get no acknowledgement from Samsung about this problem either when contacting support or here on the community.

For the firmware update itself. I used the USB version. It seems to be a bit of trail and error before the update process starts. At some point I noticed it was updated.

Lian859
First Poster
Options

Please assist. I’m having the same issues however my SmartThings app keeps saying that my soundbar is up to date on version 1008.0. I believe a newer version has been released 1009.0?

0 Likes
MarcelRemkes
Journeyman
Options

If auto update is enabled, the firmware is already installed. That's why Smartthings is saying that there's no update available. The FW version number in Smartthings Will be updated when you use the soundbar (play some music) and then launch Smartthings.

0 Likes
Juhan
Student
Options

Every time at new release, Smarthings shows  weeks later the latest update notice. So you should check the support page where the latest SW is posted. This is the fastest Bulletin to get the latest..

Juancafr
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and I do not know exactly how it is updated by USB, can you tell me the steps? I don't know if you have to put only the update file or some folder. Nor do I know if you have to put the USB with the bar off or on. Could you tell me? Thank you

0 Likes
winebae
Explorer
Options

Visit Support - Manuals & Software and search with your soundbar model code then you can find the latest software (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0021435&modelCode=HW-Q950A/ZA). you can see "Upgrade file Version 1009.2"uploaded on OCT 27.

Once you download the file to your PC and unzip the file, you will have a folder named with "SAT-iMXxxxxx". Copy this folder to the root directory of an USB drive.

Put the USB contained update files into the port of your soundar labeled "Service". Either of Power ON or OFF of your soundbar would not matter for the update.

Hope that you solve the issue with the update and enjoy soon.

Juancafr
First Poster
Options

I have the HW-Q800A and I have tried both folder and no folder and I can not get the bar to update. I have the pendrive in FAT32. I'm using a min pendrive microUSB and I don't know if that's the problem..

0 Likes