Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Samsung Soundbar HW-Q800A crashes on volume up and down

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 02:46 AM)
adutto
Journeyman
Options

Update 28/10/2021

The problem is RESOLVED now with the new FW 1009.2, Thanks a lot Samsung for addressing it and release an update that is fixing the issue!

---

I am experiencing an annoying issue with my Sound bar HW-Q800A, when I watch a movie and I start playing with the up and down volume for less then one minute, it suddenly stops emitting audio and the sound bar is like crashed, if I press again the button up and down doesn't work, the only way out is to turn it off and on again. 

Here is the video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUk3A9SJvQ

It does it with the TV and also with Spotify connect, so I would exclude that it is not a Tv related problem. it happens both in wifi and HDMI. 

Do you know if there is any solution for this or it is an HW issue? 

I have the latest FW installed, what esle can I do?

If you have the same bar, can you please try the same thing to see if you can reproduce it on yours?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regars,

Alberto 

42 REPLIES 42
Alex Rod
Apprentice
Options

Unlike you Shabskii, I installed the 1008 firmware the same day that I installed the soundbar (this was back on September, the 12th if memory serves) so for over a month I had been running this firmware without any problems so I find it funny that now it starts acting up and causing all these crashes and preventing the soundbar from powering up sometimes.  

What really concerns me is that Samsung has no acknowledged this issue yet so how long before they start to work on a fix that could be applied via a fw update ,  because it could be weeks (hopefully not months) before we could see the light at the end of the tunnel and have this problem sorted out.   

0 Likes
Sebigeli
Apprentice
Options

I have put an bad and detail opinion on Samsung France. The problem is present on all feature of this sound bar like on wifi with spotify, on bluetooth and when I use my TV. I have try to reset my soundbar and try to not connect this sound bar on the WIFI, I have the same problem with TV and Bluetooth. I have try to disconnect my soundbar of my tv, the problem is the same...

I have a Sony XH90, I don't use Google and Alexa features.

From France 

0 Likes
eskom
First Poster
Options

I essentially had the same configuration as you and so here is what I did after reading your reply:

1. Delinked the soundbar on Google Home and deleted that app phone

(I tested the sound bar and the volume getting stuck problem was still there)

2. Deregistered my TV (Samsung) and the the Soundbar on Smart-things and I deleted the app off my phone

(Only after removing Smart Things, did everything work)

After this, I made sure the eArc setting on the TV and oer settings are as should and I proceeded to test out the soundbar. It now behaves as it should, with no problems!

Smart Things has been generally been misbehaving.

Alex Rod
Apprentice
Options

I will test removing/unregistering the soundbar from Smart Things and see if it makes any difference, however I cannot remove the app from my phone since I also use it to control my AC .

0 Likes
Erik S
Student
Options

Having the same issue, bought the soundbar yesterday. 

When i search for an update it says 1008 is the most recent version. Were can I find 1009 and how do i install it?

0 Likes
Shabskii
Journeyman
Options

Just an update, saw that the latest 1009.2 Firmware got released. Never saw the update on SmartThings but it was listed on my regional Samsung Website through USB-update method.

Did the USB update, messed around with the volume randomly for about an hour and the issue appears to have been resolved!

Thank you for the fast turnaround on resolving this issue Samsung! 

Shabskii
Journeyman
Options

@Erik S wrote:

Having the same issue, bought the soundbar yesterday. 

When i search for an update it says 1008 is the most recent version. Were can I find 1009 and how do i install it?

Head over to your local Samsung website for your country (soundbars are regionally coded at the end of the model coding - in my case it was model code ending in "XA" )

Search for your soundbar on the website then go to the downloads section within the product page.

You should see the USB-patchable firmware update 1009.2 listed there. Download it and then try to get hold of a Micro USB Type-B flash drive in the meantime.

For compatibility-sake, I formatted my flash drive to the default file system (FAT 32) on my computer, before extracting the downloaded folder over to the flash drive.

Extract/unpack the contents of the downloaded folder over to the flash drive (I've used WINRAR in my case) 

Now, with the soundbar turned off - plug in the flash drive.

Once inserted, power on the soundbar. It should take a few seconds for the 'Update' to start flashing on the soundbar display.

***in my case, the update text was not flashing after 2min since powering on the device. I then tried (what the manual suggested) which was to unplug the soundbar and then plug the power back in - this worked and the 'update' text started flashing within a few seconds after doing so***

Let the update run through. It should flash the 'update' text for about 3min on the screen. Once it's completed, your soundbar should restart itself and that's it, you're good to go! Problem solved.

I hope it works out for you too

romankop420
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have done all to the above, to the "T" and mine doesn't update!!! wtf!!! my model number also ends with XA. I also uninstalled smarthings from my phone as per the previous post. when I plug my usb flash drive to the pc it glows a little light, but when in the soundbar nothing!!! Looks like i have to take mine to samsung  ;-(

Regards

0 Likes
Alex Rod
Apprentice
Options

It looks as if the soundbar is not detecting your flash drive at all, all my updates have been done automatically by Smarthing, however I do remember reading once the instructions on how to apply the update via USB out of curiosity, and besides having the drive formatted as Fat 32 and the zip/rar file contents extracted to the drive' s root folder you would need to change the source to "USB" so the soundbar detects the drive and the fw update, as soon as it does the firmware update should start applying on the bar.

Also the fw update should be downloaded from your regional samsung site, I didn't see any updates on my country Samsung website until I registered the soundbar, good luck.

0 Likes
romankop420
Apprentice
Options

Hi Alex

Thanks, i did download from S.A. site, formatted the usb flash drive fat32, extracted the file to the usb, plugged it in the soundbar while it was off, turned on = nothing, unplugged the power cord, plugged back in and nothing. while soundbar on i tried the remote source button to find usb/update and all i get is the normal hdmi, wi-fi b.t., ext... So i don't know. Last night through smarthing app i checked for an update and it starting updating and got stuck at 19%. so i left it on for about an hour and then decided to leave it for the whole night. still 19% till this morning.

I'll try again tonight when i'm home after work.

Many thanks

South Africa

0 Likes