Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear speakers music: HW-Q90r

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 08:19 PM)
humanSpirit84
Apprentice
Options

I just purchased the HW-Q90R(the complete set, subwoofer and rear speakers) and when I play music on it, the rear speakers seem to be very quiet, even if I turn their level to 6. Is there any way I can get them to play full music as well? I have an open living room and would like for music to fill the room better. My friend has a Sonos 5.1 and it has a "full" mode meant for music where all speakers play the music, thereby filling the room with the music. Is there something similar on HW-Q90r?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
aaron5643
Apprentice
Options
Yes I get you, but with the Sky Q box I can play Dolby digital content over an optical cable :smiling-face:
0 Likes
19fede73
First Poster
Options

I've connected the HW-Q90R soundbar only with the optical cable to my samsung tv. It sounds good. But when I turn off the TV, the soundbar is still on and I've to turn off with its remote control. Is it correct? I tought the soundbar turned off automatically...

0 Likes
Chris726
Explorer
Options

Mine is the same, always had to turn off manually. Which is shame as then you wouldn't need to have that remote to hand as you can otherwise use the tv remote to adjust volume! It's amazing what passes Samsung testing, clearly not a lot of real world testing going into their audio products! 

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@19fede73 wrote:

I've connected the HW-Q90R soundbar only with the optical cable to my samsung tv. It sounds good. But when I turn off the TV, the soundbar is still on and I've to turn off with its remote control. Is it correct? I tought the soundbar turned off automatically...

My setup is similar: Sharp Aquos TV connected through the soundbar with HDMI (not supporting ARC) plus the optical cable. HDMI is used to pass through the video signals coming from two other devices connected to the soundbar, the optical cable is used to get the audio from DTV and from another device connected to the TV. With this setup, the soundbar automatically turns on and off whenever I turn the TV on and off using the TV remote. I can also change the soundbar volume using the TV remote volume controls. This is thanks to HDMI CEC features, called AquosLink in my Sharp TV. They have to be enabled though, because they are disabled by default (if I remember well).

So check your TV configuration to enable HDMI CEC. Also have a look to the Samsung HW-Q90R full manual (downloadable from the Samsung website), it describes two alternative configurations regarding the ability to control the soundbar and the TV together. I had not to change anything in my case though.

0 Likes
mitchellsx
Journeyman
Options

Just to Add to this. I also find my rear speakers poor with some content, music, general Tv even with surround mode on. I have tweeted Samsung and they have said they are looking into it, but it's worth people on this thread doing the same, may help push a solution 👍

Chris726
Explorer
Options

I have been in contact with CEO office since January. Samsung don't care about fixing it. They see this quality as acceptable. 

mitchellsx
Journeyman
Options

Wow not promising then, I'm gonna keep badgering them each month see what excuses they come up with each time. 

19fede73
First Poster
Options

@mauromol wrote:

@19fede73 wrote:

My setup is similar: Sharp Aquos TV connected through the soundbar with HDMI (not supporting ARC) plus the optical cable. HDMI is used to pass through the video signals coming from two other devices connected to the soundbar, the optical cable is used to get the audio from DTV and from another device connected to the TV. With this setup, the soundbar automatically turns on and off whenever I turn the TV on and off using the TV remote. I can also change the soundbar volume using the TV remote volume controls. This is thanks to HDMI CEC features, called AquosLink in my Sharp TV. They have to be enabled though, because they are disabled by default (if I remember well).

So check your TV configuration to enable HDMI CEC. Also have a look to the Samsung HW-Q90R full manual (downloadable from the Samsung website), it describes two alternative configurations regarding the ability to control the soundbar and the TV together. I had not to change anything in my case though.

thank you mauromol! Now my configuration is HDMI IN (Samsung TV, not ARC) - HDMI IN (Soundbar, not hmdi out arc) plus optical cable. It seems it works! So I can turn on and turn off and volume control only with the tv smart control.

0 Likes
Strix
First Poster
Options

Treble  -  6

Bass - 2

Sync – 0

Centre level - 6

Side - 4 

Front top level - 6

Rear level - 6

Rear top level - 6 

Virtual sound – On

Change the last setting "virtual sound" to OFF, it worked for me, I can her the rear speakers very well now and the surround effect is incredible. I watch movies in sorround mode, amazing experience. 

0 Likes
AlexMadrid
Apprentice
Options
Are you really moderator of this forum? I don't see your very logical answer if you are aware of this high-end soundbar
0 Likes