Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear speakers music: HW-Q90r

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 09:25 PM)
humanSpirit84
Apprentice
Options

I just purchased the HW-Q90R(the complete set, subwoofer and rear speakers) and when I play music on it, the rear speakers seem to be very quiet, even if I turn their level to 6. Is there any way I can get them to play full music as well? I have an open living room and would like for music to fill the room better. My friend has a Sonos 5.1 and it has a "full" mode meant for music where all speakers play the music, thereby filling the room with the music. Is there something similar on HW-Q90r?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
gcomptech
First Poster
Options
Rear speakers are for surround effect only and will not be as loud as when they are not in surround mode. You want the effects to be discreet, not blaring. Having them as loud as the mains defeats the subtle effects that contribute to the overall enjoyment that the director of the movie intended. For music, switch to a different mode and rock on.
0 Likes
Chris726
Explorer
Options

You can't compare Q90R with other older models. I had a Philips 5.1 setup which easily allowed for music etc to play loud on all speakers. Whilst I have resigned to fact that all you will get is low level sound effects from the rear wireless speakers that's a lot to spend to get so little especially given their size. sticking with either q70 or q80 is sufficient. Also worth noting that after several months Samsung replacing the Q90R TV board and testing the soundbar they say it works fine but the Arc HDMI is extremely flaky. I.e. wong detect tV, reset it, unplug cables will work for a while but for last two weeks stopped completely. Using optical cable is fine but you won't get Dolby Atmos and makes the rear speakers even more useless! Don't get me wrong Samsung make great TVs and when the soundbar works it's great but it's got to sort things like this before the sell a product like this!

Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Kelvinthebonz
Student
Options

Excuse me For I have same issue.. where do you find the advMced audio settings in the soundbar?

Kelvinthebonz
Student
Options
Excuse me For I have same issue.. where do you find the advMced audio settings in the soundbar?
0 Likes
19fede73
First Poster
Options

Same problem with another problem: if I set the treble or the bass +6 it seems that the soundbar doesn't save that position. And when I return to the treble/bass menu it's always +0-setted. Any solution? thank you...

0 Likes
aaron5643
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have the Samsung Q60r soundbar and have just purchased the SWA-8500S rear speakers.

I take it for them to work I have to connect the sound bar to my tv via HDMIARC , as at the minute it is connected via optical cable?

Also, do the rear speakers always work with any content?

As I got told by Samsung that's it's only Dolby content or something, what is this? I just want rear sound from these speakers for music , normal Sky content(news and documentaries), Netflix and other series/movies on Sky.

will this be possible??

0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options
If you choose Surround sound mode it will use rear speakers with any content. Adaptive mode will also use them with any content.

With standard sound mode the rears only will play sound with 5.1 or superior source. With 5.1 content the standard sound mode will play the audio exactly the way it was recorded, while the other sound modes will upmix everything.

You dont need to plug hdmi to use the rears in your q60r. Its fine with the optical.
aaron5643
Apprentice
Options

Okay that's great thanks.

So just to confirm,

Adaptive mode and surround mode are that of the same and the rear speakers will work with any content and I can keep the optical cable but it will not utilise Dolby digital content when played?

Then, Standard sound mode will only use the rear speakers when Dolby digital (5.1) content is played and I can use an optical cable connection for that as well?

So basically surround mode will not utilise the features of Dolby digital/Atmos (5.1) content whereas standard sound mode will?

So in theory can't I just use surround sound mode when playing standard (non 5.1) content and when I play Dolby 5.1 content i can just switch is to standard mode? 

0 Likes
Chris726
Explorer
Options

I for one have given up on Dolby Atmos as the HDMI sync on Samsung is awful. With samsungs 'help' Been trying to sort since I bought in January. To no avail. I just use optical, so very expensive unit if you don't use Atmos!

0 Likes