Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reach from local Network Soundbar HW Q990B

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 08:19 AM)
darkmoutch
Journeyman
Options

Hello. 

I bought a Samsung HW-Q990B soundbar, and I would like to know if this Soundbar can receive audio file from a Windows PC with my local Network.

This Soundbar can connect to my Wifi network (for Q-Symphony I suppose) but I don't find it from my Windows Network peripherals. 

So if it's not possible, do you have any idea to listen my music stored from my PC to the Soundbar without keeping my TV on ?!

A way around this problem... 

Many thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@darkmoutch: It won't be possible to connect your PC to the soundbar via Wi-Fi, as this connection method is only available for Samsung TVs. If your PC has an HDMI port then you could try connecting via HDMI to the soundbar. Alternatively, please confirm the model number of your TV, as it may be possible to continue playing sound through the TV/soundbar while the screen is turned off. 

0 Likes
darkmoutch
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

Thanks. My tv SONY KD65XF9005.

I tried to connect my pc to the Soundbar with hdmi, and play sound from pc to the Soundbar. But my monitor repeatedly flickers as if trying to adjust the resolution or frame rate. It is not possible in the state to use the sound bar, while I do not even share the display of my pc on the tv.

0 Likes