Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 wireless speaker not connecting

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 02:53 PM)
Larry_Jr
First Poster
Options

My R7 speaker stopped connecting a few days ago. It currently just goes on the loop of blinking blue for about 13 seconds before going a solid red colour for about 9 seconds. I tried resetting it (holding in volume up and down buttons) but to no avail. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
vik1471
Apprentice
Options

Hi Daniel, I agree but Samsung have no solution to this. I spent over £400 on the Samsung R7 speaker...its now obsolete as it can't even be repaired and Samsung won't replace it.

We should all contact Samsung and ask for a resolution.

alistairH
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me. So now I am using Bluetooth to play from apps like TuneIn. Not as good as WiFi but at least I can still use the speaker.

0 Likes
CrimsonMars
Apprentice
Options

I just had same issue with mine it would just go blue light blinking tried like 10 tines from my note10 to no avail, and just gor back to s8 and voila it worked, it might be software related....

0 Likes
Budabear
First Poster
Options

Hey Guys, Don't know if you guys are still having the same issue. I just purchased 2 of these R7 speakers. Got them home and no issue at first connecting to wifi. They set up fine and played fine for a few moments. One speaker no issue, the other not so lucky. It played for a few minutes then started having wifi issues and cutting out. After reconnecting it twice with the same issues I could no longer connect to wifi no matter how many times I reset it.

So, as I was about to give up I took that one and placed it on the floor. Now one is on my desk and one on the floor under the first one. I decided to try one more time and bang! It connected without issue and is also now playing with no issue. Seems silly that location could cause a problem in connecting the speaker to wifi but apparently it does.

Hope this can help others.

0 Likes