Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Portable speaker is not charging

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 08:50 PM)
LisanneP
Student
Options

Hi, my R6 portable speaker (WAM6501) has been plugged in with the power cable all day and it is still flashing red rapidly. I read online this means it's not charging. The manual says it should take around 3 hours to fully charge, so something's wrong. The moment I take the plug out the whole speaker stops working. I've updated to the latest system and have tried different cable extensions. It keeps flashing red rapidly.

Is this a cable issue or could the battery be faulty? 

12 REPLIES 12
sjb77
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I seem to have the same problem. Did you have any joy in getting it resolved?

armstrongmans
First Poster
Options

Hi, Did you get this issue resolved as I have got the very same issue with my R6 portable speaker. Please let me know.

I could not find any solution in the internet yet.

0 Likes
sjb77
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately not. Can't seem to find much information or support for this. Let me know if you find anything!
0 Likes
armstrongmans
First Poster
Options

When contacted customer support they specified to try using another charger of similar model no. brought from eBay or Amazon etc. Or alternatively told to contact nearest Samsung repair centre and for them to have a look at it. There must be a better option or something we could try to diagnose before resorting to these options. 

0 Likes
sjb77
Apprentice
Options
Interesting. I haven't got round to contacting them yet but I did try a different charger as I have another R6 but the other charger didn't help. Will have to try a repair centre once things open up again
0 Likes
moppet
First Poster
Options
I have 2 r6 which worked fine, then suddenly stopped! Tried charging with different chargers and cables and not a flicker, so could do with help also!
0 Likes
armstrongmans
First Poster
Options

A lot of problems with this speaker, I have still not resolved the red blinking light and never charges the battery but plays ok when plugged in to the provided charger. Can't get rid of the blinking red light though.

0 Likes
armstrongmans
First Poster
Options

Did you managed to get this fixed or any update on this? My red blinking light problem still exists and never charges the battery yet, not even a single bit.

0 Likes
armstrongmans
First Poster
Options

Lisa, did you manage to resolve this issue? Looking for possible solutions.....

0 Likes