Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED TV not connecting to Samsung sound bar

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 10:17 AM)
GM123
Student
Options

I have just bought a new Samsung QLED TV and for some reason it won't connect to my Samsung sound bar

I've gone into settings, sound, etc and select optical cable- but it doesn't connect saying that it isn't turned on. I then tried the Bluetooth but the TV didn't find it. 

Do I have to return the TV do you think?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @GM123! Can you confirm the model number of the soundbar? Also, is your TV running on the latest software version? Settings > Support > Software update > Update now. Is the soundbar running on the latest software version too?

0 Likes
GM123
Student
Options

Hi, the tv tv  the most recent update. RE the soundbar- it doesn't allow for updates model number is hw-f450

Thanks

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Could you try downloading the SmartThings app to your phone, then adding the Soundbar? Once you add the soundbar, you'll be able to update it using the app.

Check out a guide on how to this here.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
BiroG
First Poster
Options

Hello there,

was there a solution for you?

I kinda have the same problem. I have got a brand new Samsung qe55q70ratxxh QLED TV, I changed my Samsung UE46F6500 to it. The old TV was in smart connection with my Samsung HW-J550 Soundbar. The new TV does not find the soundbar. As a probably solution I updated the firmware for the soundbar (v1010.0 from 2017), but my TV still can not see it.

Via the optical cable is my PC connected to the soundbar, so I need the wireless connection for my tv --> imy PS4 is connected via HDMI to the TV and with the wireless connection to the soundbar it was running great in the past.

Is there any solution? Of course after buying the new tv I would do not like to spend now for a new soundbar.

0 Likes
BiroG
First Poster
Options
I could contact the support via online chat...
The solution was: when the soundbar was off, I had to push the Play/Pause button for a while -->than there was a message "INIT OK", after I tried to search for connection, the TV crashed...the remote controller was only able to power on/off the tv, no other buttons were functioning.
After it the TV was plugged out (?), than the remote controller was working and by my next tray for connection the TV saw the soundbar. Now it is working together, as it was with my old TV.
It is great, that there is the Live Chat option. Thanks for it
0 Likes
kogu
First Poster
Options

SmartThings doe not compatible with Samsung ps-wj450 soundbar!

I have bought a 8K Q700T and have the same problem.

A can not connect it with ps-wj450 with bluetooth.

0 Likes