Hi Everyone, I currently have a 2018 QLED series 7 TV (QE75Q7FNATXXU) along with a Samsung HW-650 sound bar which is currently being connected via an optical cable.
80% of the time when I turn the TV on the sound comes on with the TV and connects just fine. The other 20% intermittently the TV will come on and has automatically switched back to the TV speakers, I then have an echo of both the sound bar & TV playing sound and I have to manually go into settings on the TV and click the optical out option.
The only thing I can think off why this is happening is sometimes there must be a very slight delay with the soundbar coming on and in that time the TV thinks the soundbar isn't connect which leads it to connect to its own speakers. Just to add I have also tried this by having it connected via the bluetooth option and this doesn't ever happen & works fine. It only seems to happen intermittently when the sound bar is connect via an optical or HDMI lead.
This is extremely annoying and I have owned many samsung TVs with their soundbars with no issues. Has anyone had this issue or found a fix for it ?
That's strange, @dan47. Have you tried disconnecting everything before re-connecting again? It's also worthwhile checking that both your TV and Soundbar have the latest software version:
Yes all software is up to date & I have tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting etc. This seems like a common issue/bug on the USA samsung community site.
It may be best to have a word with one of our Audio-Visual specialists for further advice regarding this, @dan47. You can contact the team on 0333 000 0333, anytime between 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
Hope this helps!
Chris - The links you have provided above to update the soundbar are wrong.... It says to update in the smarterthings app, however this sound bar "NW-650" is not supported in smarterthings.....