Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q990B dolby atmos issues with Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 03:42 PM)
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

So, this is a massive complaint post. There's, at this moment, massive issues with using this soundbar paired with an xbox series x + dolby atmos. 

My setup is Xbox Series X > LG C9 (earc) > Q990b

Passthrough, eARC on and on Xbox Dolby Atmos Home Theatre.

If you use the soundbar on any mode other than Standard there's no center channel on dashboard or any Non-Atmos game. Open up Rocket league, free play and test it. No car engine sound nor ball touches as they're 100% centered.
It works if you open a native atmos game.  It doesn't matter if Upmixing on the Dolby app is ON or OFF.

If you use Standard, the center channel works fine on dashboard and non-Atmos games, but the subwoofer doesn't work. Completely "off". It works if you open a native atmos game. 

This means that one has to keep changing the xbox's output from 7.1 uncompressed for everything apart from specific atmos games. Instead of turning on dolby atmos for everything. 

Would Samsung be able to comment and hopefully fix it through firmware? 
22 REPLIES 22
Supercrush
Student
Options

Exactly, I dumped 4 grand  on a tv, soundbar and new series x. We have the same frustration 

0 Likes
DoMinguez101
Journeyman
Options

iam in the same boat. Q995 (europe Version of this soundbar) i managed to get everything working in "standard mode" but the subwoofer only kicks in at some massiv base intense scenes and is cut off way to early, the crossfrequency is completly off here. Also the changing is a massiv hussle for modes and channel loudness. I would also like to see profiles that save all the settings. I use my soundbar for movie watching from the couch and also while gaming at the desk. always need to manually adjust each channel loudness for different positions 😞

0 Likes
ssm52
Student
Options

I can confirm this bug happened on q990b and q930b.maybe entire qxxxb series.

on Xbox and win10 win11 pc!!!

meantime sound dropout for a second randomly during atmos gaming or non atmos games. 

I tested on my lg c2 c9 tcl miniled with xbx pc and a gaming labtop. same story.

So until next firmware update fix this issue, I promise everybody I know will not buy any products from Samsung again.

0 Likes
DoMinguez101
Journeyman
Options

They fixed the issue with the latest firmware update available on their support website! Dolby Atmos is now working in all soundmodes with games that dont have nativ dolby atmos support!

Sptzz87
Explorer
Options
REALLY? Does the "upmix" option on the dolby app also work??? GOTTA TRY IT
0 Likes
DoMinguez101
Journeyman
Options

cannot hear a differenz with the upmix function, but i think the soundsystem takes care about virtually trying to upmix anyway with the adaptive and sourround mode. But something is still bugged. the phantom side channels are messed up and rear speakers are way louder than they should be.

0 Likes
NanoGuidingStar
Apprentice
Options
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

Once again, Samsung hits the nail in the head.... If they didn't fully fixed it with this one, chances are they will never fix it and just focus on the Q990C.

This is so incredibly frustrating for an expensive piece of equipment... seriously... if any Samsung rep is reading this please please look at the post above and fix it please....

0 Likes
DoMinguez101
Journeyman
Options

yea the excitement didnt last long. can confirm that the issue is now only changed but still not solved. Side Channels are buggy, rears loudness does not fit the rest, and overall channel overlap, that normally should accour when using dolby atmos is not present at all.

Scoot5824
First Poster
Options

Yeah it's worse now I agree