Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q990 soundbar won't register to Samsung account through Smart Things app

(Topic created on: 31-10-2022 12:39 AM)
Filjimson
First Poster
Options
Hi, as per title I can't seem to register my soundbar to my account. I keep getting the error code 15-200 after I've selected which network to connect to. Has anybody else had this problem? TIA
10 REPLIES 10
Skullmann
First Poster
Options

Same problem here! Have you found a solution?

Sparkle999
First Poster
Options

Similar problem here - trying to register Samsung m5550 soundbar and getting error 15-100 at point where registering with Samsung, having provided Wi-Fi credentials. Signal is fine, credentials are fine. Is there a way to formally log the problem with Samsung?

Gregor19
Student
Options

Same here... ridiculous

0 Likes
Oll2
First Poster
Options

Any fix yet?

0 Likes
JT_10
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issues and then noticed the password for my internet was defaulting to something old.

as soon as I corrected that it worked

0 Likes
Members_6jhu1oP
First Poster
Options

Why did you mean by "corrected that" exactly? Because my problem may stem from the same thing.

My Q990B Soundbar was well connected to Smart Things and worked perfectly!

Then, after changing the password to my wi-fi, I got disconnected and havent been able to register it ever since.

I've tried everything - 2,4 and 5 network, changing wifi names and passwords, reinitializing the soundbar, reinstalling the Smart Things app, disconnecting my soundbar from my Samsung Account, WPA settings, even registering from a friend's iPhone (mine is SamsungAndroid and he got the same error).

The app detects the soundbar, it even connects to it via bluetooth but fails during the "registration to Samsung account" phase.

Please help - I don't have full functionality of the bar 😞

And I was so happy with Samsung and recommended it to everyone 😞

0 Likes
macgmason
First Poster
Options

I have th exact same issue with a Q990C and a Verizon FIOs Wi-Fi router

0 Likes
Gregor19
Student
Options

I ended up contacting samsung technical support through the smartthings app (contact us > error reports) and they asked me to run some diagnostics, send them the results file and after a few calls of them remotely analyzing and walking me thru some config changes  (that didn't work) and tests, they escalated the issue and one day it started working and I got an email asking if the issue is resolved.  Been ok since, knock on wood.

0 Likes
Register Soundbar
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Has anyone found the solution yet?

0 Likes