Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950T soundbar

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 02:33 PM)
Ken15
Apprentice
Options

Audio drop out when used in Alexa.

Audio seems ok on TV/Netflix etc. but if used for audio streaming on Alexa it loses sounds for < 1 second every few minutes.

I've tried moving the router nearer in case it was a signal issue but it doesn't seem to make any difference and the fact it doesn't seem to drop out on video streaming suggest it's the soundbar in Alexa mode at fault.

Internet searches are showing a fair few people with the same fault on the 950 but no solution, anyone found one yet?

thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Haiko1
Pioneer
Options

I have these audio drops too. Most with Alexa streaming, sometimes Netflix (via FireTV 4k Stick plugged in HDMI1 input) 

and TV (HDMI Arc). I thought the virtual mode is maybe the root cause and turned it off. This was not a solution.

Changing the wlan from 5GHz to 2.4GHz for Alexa also did not solve the problem. 

Seems like it's a firmware issue. I already addressed this issue to Samsung support. 

0 Likes
petegater
Explorer
Options
I've just spoken to the technical team and apparently this isn't a fault and I should take it up with Amazon! absolutely shocking
0 Likes
Haiko1
Pioneer
Options

What? That's weird. I have these audio drops with my TV (connected via HDMI ARC) too. So this isn't only an Alexa issue. Samsung should just fix this!! 

0 Likes
Saltney Steve
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Amazon Music drops for a fraction of a second every so often. How can we get together to force Samsung to help us with this issue. Do they look at these Forums ?

0 Likes
Haiko1
Pioneer
Options

No, don't expect any answer from Samsung here. Call support and complain, as many other users. Otherwise they will not take care about all these problem. 

0 Likes