Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950T Remote playing 3 Km away..

(Topic created on: 29-06-2021 10:28 AM)
Henning_R
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have a Q950T, and are really happy with it, but i have this problem now, my Son was on a visit at our house and connected his Phone to the Soundbar with Bluetooth and he is also on our Wifi network and played some music from Spotify.. he went home approx. 3 Km away, last Saturday night and yesterday our Soundbar suddenly starting to play music in the middle of the day, it was not turned on... i called our Son, he was playing music at his house on the phone, and i was the same music on our Soundbar, he could also turn the volume up and down, and off cause turn it on, he is 3 Km away, how can this be possible, and is there a fix for it..? 

(I got the latest firmware and have tried reset) the only thing Samsung could come up with.. and if that´s not are working, i would have to live with it.. nice answer..

Br. Henning_R                 

9 REPLIES 9
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Henning_R 

hello

could have used the SmartThings app

to sort, please contact below team - on how to disengage

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In Smart Things hit the Home icon, select manage locations and remove your son's device.
0 Likes
Henning_R
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, but he do not have the smartthings app..  

0 Likes
Henning_R
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I looked in the app, and his device is not on the list, there is only my wife and i..  

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you ask your son to try removing your devices from his Smart Things app?
0 Likes
Henning_R
Journeyman
Options

He doesn't have the Smart things app on his phone, and he is not on my list in my App, there is only my wife and me..   

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is weird. Can you explain what your son does on his phone when he can change the volume? Do you have a firewall on your PC to prevent remote access to your PC?
0 Likes
Henning_R
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't run through a PC, funny enough the Soundbar is starting up in Wifi mode, and as he is 3 Km away he cannot be on our Wifi.. i will talk to him tonight, and get him to show me what he does when he start playing music at his phone.. i will get back tomorrow..   Thanks

Henning_R
Journeyman
Options

Sorry for the late answer, he is using Spotify, and when he connects to spotify he can choose my soundbar from home, and when playing music from Spotify he can turn up and down for the volume on the Soundbar in my Livingroom, i have asked him to delete the soundbar in his Spotify account.. but never the less it should not be possible.. 🙂     

0 Likes