Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q90r soundbar loosing video signal to oled

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 12:15 AM)
Budwize
Apprentice
Options

I bought a q90r soundbar a few weeks ago and keep loosing HDMI signal from Xbox through to lg OLED. You can be in the middle of playing a game and screen will blank out then tv says no signal and audio will continue on the soundbar.  If I turn soundbar on and off it will come back on. Occasionally sound is gones as well and  I have to pull power cord out and back in then both audio and video are back till it drops again 

I updated firmware just after I bought it on Dec 26 . Both HDMI cables from Xbox and to tv are 2.0b  this issue also occurs if I try my older Xbox one X . Is this a common issue ?

10 REPLIES 10
Sebbl381
Journeyman
Options

You are not alone, same Problem here. Have plugged my Xbox X into my HW-Q80R Soundbar (Original Xbox-Cable) and came via HDMI-2.0b to my LG Oled B9. Nearly everyime i leave a Game or 4K UHD (Instant Game Modus or HDR-Movie) TV will loose Signal. I have to skip through the connections (WIFI/Bluetooth/HDMI1/HDMI2 ) and picture Comes back. Even Tried this from a Sony XF83 TV, Same Problem. Plugged the XBox Directly to the TV everythings works fine but then there ist the well known Delay (Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital).

Budwize
Apprentice
Options

***** i had a gut feeling this might be the case. love teh sound of the bar but im going to have to return it as i mostly use it through xbox  and just keeps on cutting out

dont they quality control stuff anymore

SimplyGeo
Journeyman
Options

Same here. Works perfectly with my Sony 4K Blu-Ray player but the PS4 pro randomly blacks out. Sometimes it's only for a second. Other times it's far longer. I can toggle through the inputs on the soundbar and make the video come back, but  I don't know what the problem stems from. I'll update this of I figure something out, or if I get an update that fixes it. 

powens09
First Poster
Options

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?  Mine just started doing it with my cable box.  Video cuts out and sound still comes through the bar.  

Eri82
First Poster
Options

Hello, same problem here. I have connected Apple TV 4K and Playstation 4 Pro through Samsung soundbar HW-Q90R HDMI ports to TV LG OLED55C7V. I tried more HDMI cables, have updated to the latest firmware 1010.5, but the problem remained. Occasionally (randomly) the image will drop out and start flashing until I turn off the soundbar or click through the inputs (HDMI1/HDMI2/BT...) around. Could Samsung stop making a dead beetle and say something? This discussion is here for 8 months. This is ignoring customers!

clydeiii
First Poster
Options

I too have this exact problem with AppleTV 4k. Video signal drops out and static or whitenoise flickers on the screen while sound continues to play.  It has to be something related to Q90R soundbar, I'm just not sure what it is.  I'm on firmware HW-Q90RWWB-1010.5 and AppleTV os version 14.0.

surforia
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with the Xbox.  Xbox One X via HDMI 2.1 cable into Q90R soundbar, which goes into an LG UST projector.  Every time I switch out of a game, the video signal drops (but the audio remains).  Has anyone solved this issue?

0 Likes
surforia
First Poster
Options

bump - anyone have a fix?  

0 Likes
surforia
First Poster
Options

someone must know something.  I'm having the same problem with my new Xbox Series X.

0 Likes