Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q900t soundbar firmware update

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 11:08 AM)
Andy114
Journeyman
Options
I'm trying to update firmware on my q900t soundbar via USB. For some reason the update won't initialise. I've tried unplugging and plugging back in but no joy. I've tried a different USB stick but nothing. The sticks are recognised initially and the device id is saved on the stick but no update. I've initialised the bar but still nothing? Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
CarlH
Options

Hi @Andy114. Does the USB stick have just the update on it or do you have other things on there too?

0 Likes
Andy114
Journeyman
Options
I've taken everything else off, that didn't work so I unzipped the download from the pc to the USB stick rather than copying the zip file to the stick (as per the instructions) and hey presto it worked!!!
0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
My q800t is connected to my WiFi so it updates itself
0 Likes
Andy114
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately mine hasa few glitches which drive me nuts and I'm hoping that this update resolves them. The update will be available as you say by wifi but that is not usually for some time after the usb release.
0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried going into your smart things app on phone? My firmware shows as up to date
0 Likes
Andy114
Journeyman
Options
Yes it will because that is the only one available on line. The latest version 1019 is onthe samsung site.
0 Likes