Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q80R will not turn on with TV (HDMI-ARC)

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 12:26 AM)
Snowjoggs
Apprentice
Options

Hi

My Q80R will only turn off and not on when I turn on my TV, having to manually turn it on with the soundbar remote.

Setup as follows

TV Samsung UE65NU6025 (most recent firmware)

Soundbar Q80R (most recent firmware)

The soundbar is connected to the TV through HDMI-ARC

I have AnyConnect+ enabled on both the TV and the soundbar

My primary input source is HDMI1 on the soundbar (digital cablebox)

I have googled and read this forum extensivly trying to find a solution that works with no luck.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Snowjoggs
Apprentice
Options

Omg I just figured it out! Both devices have wifi. Iconnected them both to my home network and added them in the smarthings app, the I used the automation functionality in the app to setup a simple logic

IF Tv = ON THEN Soundbar = ON

Presto, problem solved!

Andres S
First Poster
Options

Thank you! This was a great approach to solve this issue!

0 Likes
Sussmd
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for the work around.  I spent hours trying to get the Samsung soundbar to turn on with the Samsung TV controller including a firmware update, set up of auto turn on and trying the universal remote settings amongst many others.  It worked great when I purchased the TV and Soundbar in 2019, but then stopped, and has been like this for over a year.  Two things that will help with the above method.  Make sure the TV is on Wi-Fi not hardwired on Ethernet or it won't work.  Make sure the smarthings app detects both the soundbar and TV when they are off.  If they are offline, particularly the TV, it means the TV is on Ethernet and must be switched to wireless, if this is the case you have to delete and reinstall the device after it is changed to Wi-Fi.  BTW the smarthings app is an Alexa Skill and can be configured for turning on and off with voice commands.

Many Thanks!

0 Likes