Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80R Soundbar no WIFI connection

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 12:57 PM)
carldit
First Poster
Options

The Soundbar was only purchased a week ago and originally connected to wifi via SmartThings app. A couple of days ago it was grayed out SmartThings saying it was offline. I attempted to reconnect it, initially, it was found by the app but would fail to register due to network error? On following all the recommended steps, resets etc it is no longer is found by SmartThings app. On scrolling through sources, wifi is no longer there as per user instructions. When you press the network switch underneath it says this function is not available.

Is this a faulty unit?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
greenboi85
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with no reply for a solution to my post yet either. Wifi is no longer an option as I scroll through source and cannot connect to my Smarthings app. Reinstalled the app and reset the soundbar but nothing works.

CeeJaySki
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and tried the same fixes. No joy. I will call Samsung tomorrow for a fix. If no joy, I'll be seeking a replacement from my retailer (JB Hi Fi). I'll post the outcome here.

0 Likes
Tommymaher
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, I have the exact same issue with my q80R soundbar. I am currently in talks with Samsung however have come up with a fix. 

1. turn on the soundbar 

2. hold the volume up and down button on the top of the soundbar until it completely resets itself. 
3. reconnect the soundbar to the WiFi network via the app. 

This seems to only be a temporary fix as I’ve had to do it a few times and is rather annoying that you lose all your settings.  It does however regain the use of WiFi again. 

0 Likes
Gavpuho
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem that has been described by everyone of your replies as well as you.

However... I checked the prerequisites for connecting to the wifi:

1. Is the device with the Smart Things app on the same wifi as you are wanting to connect your soundbar - yes? Great.

2. If you want to connect your tv to the soundbar via wifi then it also needs to be on the same wifi network - yes? Great.

3. (The trick...) Ensure your SmartThings app setting on your phone/ipad etc device is set to allow LOCATION ‘ALWAYS’ - this is because the app is intended to enable control of multiple locatuons and devices that utilize this access. 

I have found that each time Apple releases a new version of its IOS the Location setting seems to reset to ‘While Using the App’ and that dusconnects the soundbar from the wifi...God knows why.

0 Likes