Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800B soundbar

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 07:16 AM)
Ashy1
First Poster
Options

I purchased a Q800B soundbar last week and am having problems with it constantly freezing up, the only way to get it to work is to power off at the wall.  When I switch on the TV the soundbar powers on but is not picked up by the tv and doesn’t pair with the sub woofer.  It is running the latest firmware. Sound is great when it’s working.  Anyone else having the same issue?

21 REPLIES 21
Baseley09
Apprentice
Options
Have you logged in with Amazon / Alexa? If so delete everything to do with that and never log back into it.
bakerson
Apprentice
Options

I deregistered it from Alexa and removed the Alexa account in the setting of the soundbar as @magnumboy suggested. Its been working fine  since then

ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

Merely logging out of Alexa hasn't improved things, so I'll now move on to the "deregister" phase, before committing to "full factory reset". Thanks for the thoughts so far, all.

EDIT

I've found how to deregister it - for anybody else, do it via the Alexa app, not through SmartThings or similar. It's now Amazon-free, so let's see...

0 Likes
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

PS Similar chatter here.

0 Likes
Drillmaster010
Explorer
Options

Yes, same problems here. 

0 Likes
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

My latest experiences:

1. Removing the Alexa details - no change, soundbar still crashes.
2. Deregistering the skill - no change, soundbar still crashes.
3. Factory reset of soundbar, set up again without providing any Alexa credentials - so far, so good...

A week of use now, and it's been stable. Too early to say if this is a permanent fix, or whether I'll just need to reset it again in due course, but this does suggest that it's not HDMI, WiFi, or anything environmental - more likely a firmware bug, memory overflow/corruption, or similar. 

I'll keep an eye.

0 Likes
LucianoJC
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issues here.  After several attempts, what made it work here was a factory reset, not configuring Alexa and turning off the microphone (which disables AVA and space fit sound functionalities). The soundbar has not crashed for the past two weeks. Still waiting for a software update.

0 Likes
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

An update, for what it's worth.

It's just over two weeks now, and the soundbar is still stable after the reset-and-remove-Alexa. Nightly use, although I've also settled on not using CEC to fire everything up from a source, preferring to use the TV to wake up the soundbar and then switch source as needed, so I'm aware that I've actually changed two things at the same time.  Note that, unlike @LucianoJC , I haven't disabled the microphone.

When I first got the soundbar, it probably ran for about a fortnight before causing problems, so I guess I'm now into the "killing zone" if that's an indicator of how long whatever software issues typically take to reveal themselves. Of course, it may also be the type of soundtrack played, or the number of hours of use, or a thousand other variables.

0 Likes
Communityyyyy
First Poster
Options

Hello, same issue here, I have just bought the soundbar, turn on (I haven't skipped the thing about paring subwoofer, could be a sign that is a refurbished product?) and use Bluetooth. It was OK until I have tried the optical cable from TV. Suddenly after 5 or 10 seconds it stopped reproducing any sound and no button is working. I have unplugged the power cable but same thing: it is stuck in 'digital in' mode 😞

I have no alexa nor other voice assistant service... 

There is no new firmware since more than 6 months and this is shame for such a product to have this issues... 

0 Likes
3pwood
First Poster
Options

So I had a similar problem and here are things to check that worked for me:

1. Make sure device is connected to eARC port, HDMI3 on my TV and mine was.
  2. On your TV in the Sound menu under Expert Settings check that eARC mode is set to auto instead of off.

Setting 2 somehow came undone on my TV but I changed it back 2 days ago and so far so good...so maybe it's a TV problem and not a soundbar problem? But (in my case) either way it's a Samsung problem since I'm using a QN90A as my TV.