Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800B soundbar

(Topic created on: 14-07-2022 10:04 AM)
Ashy1
First Poster
Options

I purchased a Q800B soundbar last week and am having problems with it constantly freezing up, the only way to get it to work is to power off at the wall.  When I switch on the TV the soundbar powers on but is not picked up by the tv and doesn’t pair with the sub woofer.  It is running the latest firmware. Sound is great when it’s working.  Anyone else having the same issue?

21 REPLIES 21
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Could be faulty but try a fresh set up and hope that cures the issue
0 Likes
Baseley09
Apprentice
Options

Similar problems here, some days we have to power it off at the wall as it won't turn on, it can be completely unresponsive to the remote, won't change input, alexa stopped listening after 1 day despite being signed in. Been a disaster tbh shame as when it plays its wonderful.

0 Likes
Members_BsNCtdv
First Poster
Options

Same here, nothing but problems so far which is a shame as I love it when it works. I have to keep turning the plug off at mains to get it started, I've had to keep resetting the WiFi set up for it to connect to the TV ( 100% not my WiFi problem) Alexa doesn't work no more. Going to try it one more weekend then if it plays up its going back. Totally unacceptable for a brand new product.

bakerson
Apprentice
Options

Same here, it randomly becomes unresponsive and only way is unplug and plug it back. 
Still waiting for a firmware update as I was advised by sqmsung support.

0 Likes
magnumboy
Apprentice
Options

i am also facing the same problem.. i m using it with my gaming pc... the problem arose when i register my samsung sound bar with alexa phone app.. its not even turning on by its remote control.. even if i plug unlug from power socket.. after plugging to power socket and pressing power on from its remote control it take 5 second to show up its display.. now i deregister from amazon app and from alexa app.. all problem are solved... hope this will healp all of u guys...

magnumboy
Apprentice
Options

bro. your problem fixed ?

0 Likes
Baseley09
Apprentice
Options
Had it replaced set the new one up last night seemed fine just had to power it off and from the wall as no sound was coming out, it's a ***** product.
0 Likes
magnumboy
Apprentice
Options

well said bro

0 Likes
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

Well, it's now nearly October. My new soundbar is regularly crashing and needing a hard reboot. WiFi is solid (it's next to an access point!), HDMI connection, nothing fancy.

I've checked firmware, and there are no updates.

That really wasn't a good use of a pile of money - new TV and soundbar, and it simply doesn't work.

0 Likes