Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800b soundbar changes to D.IN when turned on with TV. No optical cable is in use

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 10:15 PM)
SA151
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

TV: Samsung 2018 65Q9FN

Soundbar: Samsung 2022 Q800b

I have my TV connected to the sound bar via HDMI using the ARC hdmi port on the TV and same on the soundbar.

After the TV is put on standby and the sound bar automatically turns off, the next time the TV is turned on the sound bar also turns on, but reverts to D.IN as the input, and no sound is audible. There is no optical cable in use and the other HDMI connection on the sound bar is being used for a Blu-ray player. The only way I can get the sound back is usually to turn off TV and sound bar from the mains and then restart a short while later. The next time the TV is put into standby for a prolonged period of time the same behaviour is observed, I have tried replacing the cable and reviewed the TV settings but I am at a loss. I had hoped having both Samsung products would make the integration seamless.

Any guidance or help would be hugely appreciated.

Al

4 REPLIES 4
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Have you connected it through the Smarthings app, you can toggle between e-Arc, WiFi & Bluetooth, also update the software in the info menu in Smarthings
0 Likes
SA151
Apprentice
Options

Hey Kev

Thank you for the help. I have firmware at the latest and am also using SmartThings. It is very odd behaviour. It seems if I turn off the soundbar manually with its own remote, it will correctly identify the ARC connection the next time the Tv is turned on. However, turn the TV off which triggers the sound to power down and the next time it can’t find the ARC connection and it can’t be toggled to or identified.

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Also try a very latest high speed HDMI 2.1 cable, don't spend a fortune Amazon / ebay have a good choice, make sure it's plugged into the e-Arc port on your T.V - hope that fixes for you 👍🏼
0 Likes
JM_15
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue with my Q990b soundbar. This device solved my issue: https://amzn.to/48QbEE0. When everything is on, it would switch to D.IN or TV ARC on its own, presumably trying to read input from the tv ARC port. I got a CEC blocker and added to the HDMI cable that runs from TV to Soundbar. That was the only "reading" it's doing it from my Apple TV which is connected directly to the soundbar. You can test it on each device to see where your interference is coming from. Of course, the flip side to blocking the CEC is that it won't automatically turn on whichever device it's on in the chain. So for me, I have to turn on TV first with it's own remote, then use my Apple remote. Worth it for the fix. 

0 Likes