Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70T Soundbar issue with QN95A

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 02:41 PM)
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I've noticed my audio keeps reverting to TV speaker. I have to keep resetting the TV each time to get both the TV and soundbar to work together!

I've got a HDMI cable going from ARC on soundbar to ARC on the one connect box and a PS5 to the One connect box.

Why does it only work once I reset the TV each time?? Everything is up to date so this is extremely annoying!

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Phantom Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SuperSaiyan4 

Did you manage to find a fix for this?

0 Likes
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Kinda, it's hit or miss but the way to fix it seems to be you turn the TV on first and the soundbar together.

If it defaults to TV only then turn off the TV and soundbar the turn it on again, manually select sound as TV and Soundbar.

Then turn your other device on like a console.

However I have noticed audio cutting out at random for like 3secs every so often.

I'm using HDMI 2.1 8K cables but just ordered some more that are shorter ( current ones are 3m).

I think there's definitely a software issue with handshake with the TV and soundbar.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks for this, @SuperSaiyan4. Let us know how you get on with the new cables!

SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Got the new cables and now the issue is worse. Even resetting the TV again it defaults to normal ARC.

It simply refuses to function in eARC.

Definitely a software issue somewhere.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
theodorkalin
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same issue with my new 65" QN95A. it worked perfect for about 1.5 week before I strted to get the same problem as you. I have tv hooked up to a HW-Q950T soundbar. when this happens I always hold the I/O button on the remote for about 6 seconds so the tv restarts. then it will work perfect, until the next time I want to start the tv again... so approx 1-2 times a day. weird because it worked flawless for 1.5 week and then suddenly it started to do this. have not changed anything in settings or setup..

samsung support told me to test if some of my other devices struggle via HDMI 3 eArc. if so, then it may be something wrong with the port.

SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Right I think I have finally fixed the issue!!

From what I can tell I believe the culprit was my Nintendo Switch HDMI cable after changing this over for an actual hdmi 2.1 cable all has been perfect.

Now here's the thing, turn on the TV and soundbar ONLY, wait until the TV loads up fully takes like 5 or 6secs.

THEN turn on another device, eARC will be fully working only if you do the above steps first.

With a PS5 make sure in audio settings set it to HDMI AV RECIEVER and audio codec as DOLBY.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
0 Likes
theodorkalin
Journeyman
Options

glad it's fixed for you. :smiling-face:

I do not have the same luck..

I got this problem starting only tv and soundbar with no other device started. all cables are certified 2.1.
so this is something with the tv I think since it needs to be restarted before it works again. hopefully just a software bug.

Burton
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have a QN95a and just got the HW 800a soundbar. Arc works fine eArc has never worked reverts to TV speakers. I have tried two different 2.1 cables no difference. Updated the software on both. Will Samsung fix this? Any tips please? As above, no luck when I unplugged all other HDMI cables.
Pondlife65
First Poster
Options

Identical issue. This solution works for me with the same TV and the 2021 800A soundbar. Order of turning on has had no effect for me. But surely this shouldn't be happening in the first place.