Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Soundbar - TV ARC/HDMI Source

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 04:48 PM)
kevin_g_sanchez
Apprentice
Options

I have a frustrating occurance. If I turn off my soundbar while it is set to HDMI Source and then turn it back on, it would show HDMI but in a few seconds ALWAYS change back to TV ARC. It gets annoying to always have to change the soundbar source back to HDMI. 

Any assistance?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@kevin_g_sanchez: Can you double check to see if you have the soundbar connected to your TV via the HDMI IN (ARC) port on the TV, or the HDMI OUT (TV ARC) port of the soundbar? If so, switch the connection to the standard HDMI ports on both devices, and this should prevent the soundbar from recognising the ARC input.
0 Likes
kevin_g_sanchez
Apprentice
Options
Yes I do. I have it connected on ARC so I can use the soundbar for my other devices.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@kevin_g_sanchez: It seems as though the soundbar is showing the correct source, if you're connected via HDMI ARC. Are you experiencing any performance/sound issues with any of the connected devices?
0 Likes
kevin_g_sanchez
Apprentice
Options
I have my Xbox connected to the soundbar then soundbar to tv. To have picture & audio for the Xbox, I have to leave the source on soundbar to HDMI. Let's say I turn everything off and hours later I turn it back on, the soundbar will show HDMI Source since it was the last remembered input but then a few seconds later it changes to TV ARC on its own. I have to always manually change it back to HDMI in order to use my Xbox.
0 Likes