Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R + HW-Q70R + XBOX ONE X

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 07:07 PM)
leb2nv
Student
Options

Greetings all. 
not sure if anyone was able to crack this cosmetic issue. Before purchasing the soundbar I had the Xbox connected directly to the TV and had the Xbox green icon appear in the smart hub on the TV which is quite nice. I since purchase the HW-Q70R soundbar and connected it to the TV via ARC HDMI port then connected the XBOX to the soundbar HDMI input. This is the only way to play Dolby Atmos content on the Xbox however I can't find a way to enable the green Xbox icon on the TV's smart hub. I just get the generic home theatre icon. I'd really like to have the XBOX icon displayed in the smart hub even though it's passing through the soundbar. Was anyone able to achieve this and kind enough to share their solution? 😆

6 REPLIES 6
DrStumpy
First Poster
Options

Any luck figuring this out? I just bought the same setup and I'd like to be able to use the Dolby from the xbox, but setting it up how it should be with the soundbar, there's no video input and no way to have the tv recognize the xbox that I've found. 

0 Likes
ChineseBurn
First Poster
Options

I think you should rename the icon to "XBOX ONE" or "X BOX ONE" then you should have the X Box icon.

0 Likes
leb2nv
Student
Options

Thanks for the message. I have tried that but u fortunately no luck. Again the logo works if the Xbox is connected directly to the tv but the issue I'm having is when it is connected via the soundbar then it doesn't show the Xbox logo

0 Likes
david1005
Apprentice
Options

sorry to tell you but you will not get it to work as your Q70 sound bar do not support earc and till samsung support earc it wont work the same as vrr do not work as will when you passthrough on the soundbar  i have a q90 + HW-Q70R + XBOX ONE X and  i am in the same boat all you can do is hope samsung updale as the rumour is on the forum 

Stoffel1801
First Poster
Options

My swa9000S will not connect to my HW Q70R 😞

0 Likes
ChineseBurn
First Poster
Options

You must connect the xbox directly to the bar and the bar to the tv through ARC, then in the bar select the ARC source and on the tv the HW Q70 source (the latter appears automatically after connecting the bar to the tv)

0 Likes