Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Game Pro mode. Can it be disabled?

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 12:22 AM)
kwangomango
Explorer
Options

Hi!

The Q70R sound bar automatically switches to Game Pro sound mode when my Samsung Q90R TV has Game Mode enabled. The soundbar also stays in Game Pro mode even when Game Mode has been disabled on the TV. This doesn't seem to have been well thought out. It there any way of disabling the auto switching into Game Pro sound either from the sound bar or the TV? 

36 REPLIES 36
Maxilogan
Explorer
Options

Landed here while searching if there was a solution for this. So bad design.. and I hoped that in the worst case it could be avoided by using an optical cable but apparently it can't! What a awkward design choice by Samsung.. I should've believe s friend of mine who suggested Yamaha! Also, my S61T is advertised as being working with Alexa but it doesn't because of the country.

Kdahl
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue...

I obviously don't want the game mode sound to be forced on me when watching Netflix after gaming for a while...

I have the Q90 with the q950

Mickyb83
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue I have a Samsung TU8000 tv and Samsung HWA450 soundbar connected via optical cable. Soundbar will automatically change to game mode when the TV changes to game mode. And then does not change back even when game mode is disabled on the TV - I either have to leave the sound on game mode all the time or change it back to “surround” after each time I finish playing my PS4. Very frustrating 

Mista
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same issue here.

This is really unacceptable. A real pain in the *ss to be forced to change it back manually every time. I prefer the standard preset over the game one even ingame. I have to go through menus every time I turn my console on?!! What a hassle.. that's what I get by wanting everything to be Samsung..

As a result I turned off the soundbar completely.

I'm going to try to sell it, then I'll buy a soundbar from another brand. That will solve the issue. 

EDIT : I use Optical.

chris lewis
Apprentice
Options

Think that probably be the only solution!! I sent mine back for repair as Samsung agreed initially that was incorrect. I had an update to say it was as per design and returned!!

absolute garbage clearly a huge oversight  they don’t want to sort for their customers!

another terrible design in Alexa chirping in when she hears the tv and it doesn’t have independent volume control…another thing apparently they are looking at

Frosty_Ad
First Poster
Options

Also having this really annoying issue with my Samsung UE50AU9000 TV and HW-T550 soundbar. I really thought having both a Samsung TV and soundbar would stop any annoying issues like this!

I really hope a firmware update is on the way... 

Mickyb83
Apprentice
Options

So I spoke to Samsung support about this issue. Did the latest firmware upgrade like they told me to. I now have the B1009 version on my soundbar. And did all the other steps that they told me to do which would apparently fix it. But still having the same problem

PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

This will never get fixed.

The same issue exists with the hw-q90r in combination with the q90r qled.

Same goes for the earc support they promised on the 2019 model tvs.

Samsung only cares about money and has forgotten what it means to listen to customers. 

UDrew
Student
Options

This is unfortunately accurate and why I'm done with Samsung products once mine die/age out.  Their physical hardware usually seems pretty good, but there's always some small but annoying decisions in their software that really taints them for me.  Samsung doesn't care so I don't care for their products anymore.

Mista
Apprentice
Options

There is a simple solution that they could set up, solving this issue once and for all.

Allow us to adjust Game mode's equalizer settings, that we currently can't modify.  

We can only adjust Standard mode equalizer settings, other sound modes can't be altered.

Make it so we can adjust every mode to our own liking, and add a "reset by default" feature in case users want to go back to Samsung default equalizer settings for their sound modes. And voila, problem solved, customers = happy.

0 Likes