Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Game Pro mode. Can it be disabled?

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 10:39 PM)
kwangomango
Explorer
Options

Hi!

The Q70R sound bar automatically switches to Game Pro sound mode when my Samsung Q90R TV has Game Mode enabled. The soundbar also stays in Game Pro mode even when Game Mode has been disabled on the TV. This doesn't seem to have been well thought out. It there any way of disabling the auto switching into Game Pro sound either from the sound bar or the TV? 

36 REPLIES 36
Beeeeeeeeebsssssssss
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue with the HE-Q80R, everytime i switch to PS4 TV and Soundbar switch to Game Mode, when i come out of the Game and go on Netflix or Youtube, the TV manages to exit Game Mode but Sound Bar doesnt, asked Samsung support and they said you have to do it manually, absolutely useless company, and most there products always have faults, ive had 2 tv's off them both had faults and now 2 soundbars.

Ruuttu
First Poster
Options

I'm not kidding, I have a Samsung soundbar and I'd like to buy a Samsung TV but I'm seriously having to consider alternatives. Because I know from previous experience exactly what will happen if I buy a Samsung TV. What am I a masochist?

The game mode sounds RUBBISH and it turns on every time I switch to HDMI. Going to the settings menu to fix the sound mode takes about 10 clicks on the TV remote. And I have to do that on a daily basis forever and ever. Or I can keep the soundbar remote at hand to save a few clicks, but then I keep getting it mixed up with the TV remote because they look frikken identical.

It's ridiculous!

chris lewis
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here!!

TV - Q9FN

SOUNDBAR - Q900T

set up through arc. play PS4 auto switches to game mode pro sound turn back to tv and stays in game mode!

how has this not been sorted by Samsung!!!

Members_WUwJLT2
Student
Options

I have the same.

TV Q70R

soundbar HW T550

Any update? I have contacted with Samsung support in Poland, they advised to perform factory reset - no result, the issue still exist.

I can't belive that clients still face such annoing issue and it hasn't been resolved by Samsung

Forsakenzombi
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Incredibly annoying. Makes me hate this tv. Sad most people don’t even notice. 

marlonchalegre
First Poster
Options

One year has passed and nothing changed. I have the same problem with T550 and PS4. I just want to disable this "feature" 

Mouwrits
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with a PS5 and Q60R TV + Q70R soundbar. Samsung can you please fix this?

Members_9zooZDn
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same trouble even when connected via optical cable. I'm using Game mode on the Q80T TV and every time I turn on the TV or change inputs (PS4 to PS5 for example) the soundbar reverts to Game Pro mode. It means I have to cycle through the sound modes every time its turned on.

Besides the soundbar not actually informing me its changed on the screen the worst thing about this is the graphic equaliser cant be ultilised in Game Pro mode so there is no way of customising the sound to match expectations so for those who dont like the sound profile Game Pro offers there isnt much that can be done to resolve it. I tried updating to latest firmware and it didnt solve that issue.

It would be far better to allow the user to maintain existing settings and in addition offer a 'recommmended' setting where is switches modes automatically if they beleive thats of benefit to some users. Its like somone at Samsung has decided Game mode on the TV and Game Pro mode on the soundbar both contain the word Game therefore they must match, even through they are used for completely different purposes. 

Kdahl
Apprentice
Options

This user experience is crazy bad... I made a video of it. Why design it like this?
https://youtu.be/BQZV84VXOY8

1. Sound mode should STAY and be a user selected action (Not auto changing)

2. ...If that can't be achived, AT LEAST have it recover the sound-mode I had selected previously on the other source I am going back too.

rshmn163
First Poster
Options

Happens on my brand new QN90A and Q900A soundbar. Extremely frustrating switching it back. I thought I could get creative and try to make some sort of automation in SmartThings, but those particular settings aren't available. Please fix this Samsung... or at least give the user an option to turn off this annoying feature.