Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Game Pro mode. Can it be disabled?

(Topic created on: 15-06-2020 12:43 PM)
kwangomango
Explorer
Options

Hi!

The Q70R sound bar automatically switches to Game Pro sound mode when my Samsung Q90R TV has Game Mode enabled. The soundbar also stays in Game Pro mode even when Game Mode has been disabled on the TV. This doesn't seem to have been well thought out. It there any way of disabling the auto switching into Game Pro sound either from the sound bar or the TV? 

36 REPLIES 36
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @kwangomango ,

are you able to confirm how do you have the game console, TV and soundbar connected? Is this happening with any other sound mode?

0 Likes
kwangomango
Explorer
Options

Console is connected to Q90R TV and then an HDMI ARC connection to the Q70R soundbar.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It may be because it's connected to the ARC port, @kwangomango. Try another port but be aware that you will lose the benefits of ARC connectivity. 

PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Same issue here.

Hw-q90r connected to Qled q90r via Arc hdmi. 

Posted it on Dutch samsung forum. Even got help from an official Samsung

technician. 

He said it was a weird issue that's probably software related and fixable with firmware update. 

I want to set "surround" for all my inputs, but the soundbar keeps automatically switching to "game pro" and doesn't automatically switch back. Really enjoying...

We cannot be the only ones.

Link to my post (Dutch):

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/HW-Q90R-automatisch-schakelen-naar-GAME-PRO-mode-uit...

kwangomango
Explorer
Options

Hi Pauluz,

Unfortunately I don't ever see this being fixed with a firmware update as to fix it properly either the TV or the soundbar would require an additional menu option for the user to enable/disable this Game Pro mode.

It's frustrating, as it's such a poorly implemented 'feature' - why would you not offer it as a toggle like several of the other Game options in the TV rather than forcing it upon the user? Or at the very least switch the sound mode back to it's previous setting when the TV is no longer in Game Mode. Bad design.

If anything it'll be altered on a future range of TVs...

MrTest
Explorer
Options

Wanted to add a +1 to this also...

I'm in exactly the same scenario (PS4 connected to TV [Q80] which is in turn connected to the soundbar through ARC [Q80R]. The sound profile changes to 'game' when the TV changes to 'game' profile which is great. Returning however to watch something else (through an app or other device), the soundbar profile stays on 'game', which results in having to fiddle around with remotes. Ideally would like it to swap back to 'standard'

0 Likes
UDrew
Student
Options

I also have this same issue.  Have a Q70R TV connected to a Q90R soundbar.  The video switches to game mode automatically, which is great, but I NEVER want to use Game Sound Mode, not even for games.  The fake surround sound just drives me crazy!  I wish I could just disable Game Sound Mode altogether.  It's really annoying that it keeps switching to that after I keep manually switching to Surround.

PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

@UDrewexactly this!

I think Game Mode Pro sounds distorted and unnatural.

Samsung need to step up and listen. This is an easy fix with firmware.

Alan249
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Is there anyway to get out of this? I have to remember to change my sound mode every time I finish playing my ps4 as it get stuck in game mode.

I have Q80r tv with q70r soundbar. i turn off intelligent mode because Samsung keeps defaulting it to adaptive sound every time I turn on the tv. 
I just want my soundbar to stay at standard mode all the time. Is it so difficult. 
I thought getting a Samsung soundbar will work better with my Samsung tv. I am mistaken, I should have bought another brand soundbar so the tv won't keep changing my soundbar settings as and when it likes.