Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60T woofer has strange backround noise spoiling the sound quality

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 12:45 PM)
Jaffers
Student
Options

Hi All,

just recently bought a new Samsung TV QLED 49” TV which I am very pleased with but when i play my new Q60T soundbar on it the woofer has a strange background interference noise on it that spoils the sound especially at low volume.

anyone had the same experience and is there a fix?

Chris

27 REPLIES 27
DanBL
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I am also seeing this issue. Has anyone had a fix confirmed? It’s driving me insane, i replaced my old Samsung soundbar with a newer Q60T and I’ve been disappointed since the purchase. 

Samsung must know about the issue... at this rate I will be returning the product.

0 Likes
Zabransk
First Poster
Options

Hi, I solve this problem with claims to Samsung dealer. And bought mew kind of Soundbar Q60R !

Absolutly great no problem and no Dron sound!

It is only one solution, because Q60T is not ok product!

0 Likes
DanBL
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply, i have been trying to get through to customer services for the last 2 days.

Do the admin/ customer services review the chat??

0 Likes
Mogle
Explorer
Options

I got the same soundbar Q60T with Samsung TV Q60T QLED with Tizen (whatever what that is).

The sound quality is very good. There are a few issues, but the sound quality is not one of them.

0 Likes
Solution
HT_IoW
Apprentice
Options

I’ve been battling with this for a while and it was really spoiling my enjoyment. Samsung released firmware update 1003.6 recently- completely fixed the problem https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2020-q-series-soundbar-with-dolby-digital-and-dts-...

Jaffers
Student
Options

Thats really good to hear 👍 unfortunately I gave up in the end sent it back and upgraded to  a Q800 which is really good. Shame I had to spend extra money to get it sorted when it turns out to be a known issue ☹️

0 Likes
jaydee3
Journeyman
Options

I had the same issue with my HW-Q60T soundbar and sub woofer. Making horrible background noises and made the audio sound muffled when on a low setting. Really messed up any type of viewing experience!

I tried doing the firmware update, following the instructions from the Samsung website, but nothing was happening when I inserted the USB? Finally managed to get the update to work, and now the soundbar a sub woofer are perfect!

This is how I managed to do it, in case anyone else is struggling (like I did!)

1) Download the update and then copy/drag the zipped folder to your USB

2) Extract the files from the zipped folder

3) Open the unzipped folder and copy the BIN file

4) Go back to the USB root directory and paste the BIN file. This should mean you now have the zipped folder, unzipped folder, and BIN file all showing.

5) On the soundbar, or using the remote, change the source to 'USB'

6) Switch off the soundbar and insert the USB, then power back on.

7) The update will start and display it's progress, and when complete the soundbar will turn off.

8 ) Switch the soundbar back on, and hold both the volume + and volume - buttons on the top of the soundbar for about 5 seconds.

9) 'INIT' will display briefly and the soundbar is updated.

Hope this helps anyone who is stuck like I was as the instructions from the Samsung website don't work if you follow them as written.

HT_IoW
Apprentice
Options

Glad you sorted it out. I’m not sure why you needed anything other than the BIN file on the USB as that was all I used (I think).  The only other thing I would add is to make sure that your USB is formatted into FAT16 or FAT32 before you start and not NTFS as this is not supported by the soundbar. 

Mogle
Explorer
Options

@jadee3 

Did this fix the problem?

0 Likes
jaydee3
Journeyman
Options

Yes mate. Completely got rid of the horrible background 'hissing' from the sub woofer, and also the soundbar sounds clear when on low volume.