Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Symphony via WiFi only

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 01:07 PM)
PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options

I have just purchased a HW-Q950T Soundbar connected via eARC to a Samsung  EU55TU8507UXXU TV, when I select sound output from the TV settings it only gives me the option to select Soundbar with the following options:

"TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (Wi-Fi)" instead of "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (HDMI-eARC)".

This is a feature I would really like to work via eARC because I I have a feeling that Atmos won’t transmit over WiFi  

Any help greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Set up your Samsung Soundbar - Connect to TV with HDMI and more

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049272/
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I have followed all the info on this along with other similar pages but to no avail unfortunately. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@PhilHowe: Try disconnecting the HDMI connection, and turning off the TV and soundbar. Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN (ARC) port of the TV, and the HDMI To TV (eARC/ARC) port of the soundbar, then power both devices on. TV ARC should appear on the soundbar display, but if not please press the Source button on the soundbar remote and set it to D.IN mode. D.IN, then TV ARC should appear on the display in sequence following this step. 

Now, if you head back to your sound output options, do you see the correct status for the soundbar? If not, try heading to Home > Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > HDMI-eARC Mode (Auto). Let me know how you get on. 

majipoor
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem : The frame 65 2020 and Q950a, Q Symphony is available only for Wifi. Not on HDMI.

PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL 

Tried as described above but has made no difference at all, even with new certified ultra high speed HDMI cables. Still only have option of "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (Wi-Fi)" instead of "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (HDMI-eARC)". Also when sound bar is connected to the TV the tv sees it as an unknown device and doesn’t recognise it in the way it does Sky Q, Apple TV etc… Is this normal ? 

0 Likes
Jakecalvert
First Poster
Options

Same thing with a similar set up. It happened as soon as I enabled the Alexa feature. You can get the TV to successful show TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (HDMI-eARC) but it will then prompt you every single time you turn on the TV to connect your soundboard to wifi. As soon as you do it replaces TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (HDMI-eARC) with TV +[AV] Soundbar Q950T (Wi-Fi).

0 Likes
PorawasTha
First Poster
Options

Its simple "network" button under the soundbar itself solve this

0 Likes
majipoor
Apprentice
Options

No change for me..... it did connect and then nothing more....

0 Likes