Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Symphony played through Wi-fi instead HDMI-eARC

(Topic created on: 27-02-2022 03:22 PM)
Mastajacobius
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have Samsung QN90A TV and Samsung HW-Q700A soundbar. I plugged the soundbar into TV via HDMI-eARC cable.
As I said in the title, my problem is that Q-Symphony is only available to play via Wi-Fi connection instead of HDMI-eARC cable.
I can only have soundbar play via HDMI-eARC, but not TV speakers + soundbar, that is only restricted to Wi-Fi.

When I go in Settings > Sound > Sound Output to turn on Q-Symphony:

Only option I get is "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q700A (Wi-Fi)" instead of "TV +[AV] Soundbar Q700A (HDMI-eARC)".

This surely means my audio output is limited when watching content with Dolby Atmos and alike, right?

Also, for whatever reason - whenever I turn on my TV, soundbar doesn't turn on autonatically, so I need to turn on Q-Symphony manually every time....

This is really driving me crazy, I really need some help here please.

Regards,
Masta

26 REPLIES 26
Hawk2078
First Poster
Options

It did … I knew my cords were still good because the tv had it as an source but wasn’t “powered on” … as soon as I toggled anynet off/on got a pop up “dolby atmos device recognized” … and hdmi 3 went from unknown to soundbar

0 Likes
PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options

Wish mine would, my Samsung tv doesn’t even recognise that it has a Samsung sound system attached and identifies is as unknown device. How this can happen is perplexing to say the least  

0 Likes
majipoor
Apprentice
Options

Honestly, I would like SAMSUNG to investigate on this, it's easy for them and IT SHOULD work as advertised. WHY MY SAMSUNG THE FRAME 2020 CAN'T CONNECT WITH Q SYMPHONY USING EARC WHEN IT DOES ON WIFI??????

0 Likes
AndrewShu
Apprentice
Options

I turned off the power of the TV not only with the remote control but also from the outlet, and also turned off the power from the outlet of the soundbar. then unplugged the hdmi cable from the tv. after 2-3 minutes (this is important) I connected the hdmi cable, then turned on the power of the TV, then the soundbar. everything worked

PhilHowe
Journeyman
Options

You Sir are a legend, I have spent weeks trying to sort this issue and as someone who hates things not working as they are supposed to it has really bugged me. 
now works a treat, exactly as described. 
Thank you 😊 

damelloman
First Poster
Options

I kept having a similar issue and this resolved it! Thank you!  I was skeptical that this would resolve the issue. :smiling-face:  Before, it would recognize the TV + Soundbar, but it was only playing some of the sound.  I could hear back ground noises but not people speaking.  After performing the "connection ceremony" as described above, it all works perfectly!  Thank you so much!!! 

AndrewShu
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for appreciating my comment. But, solution helped me only temporarily, after turning off the TV, the problem reappeared. There is another easier and better solution. TV can be turned on. You need to turn off the soundbar (button on top), then turn it on, press "-" and "+" at the same time and hold, the inscription "INT" should appear on the soundbar, then it will become less bright, "bye" will appear on the screen of the soundbar next, and it will turn off. The buttons can be released. Turn on the soundbar. TV will detect it, as for the first time, it will ask you to set it up. Now it works steadily.

retiredat44
Student
Options

I have lots of Samsung stuff, and what I find so very upsetting annoying is the features can just beconme outdated and never updated patched, or used or not used ina couple of years,,, like we can jsut go buy new stuff everything Samsung want to change colors or features... and say tough luck if soemfeature makes it obselte because theyc an't patch it and just don't care after the sale.. just keep buying more, more, more...

0 Likes
Sthoma87993
First Poster
Options

I have same issue with qn90b tv and q930b( soundbar). It gets fixed after 10 minutes of watching  tv and this option appears and it need to manually select symphony. But next time when I switch on the tv . It’s goes back to hdmi-earc. Every time waiting and manually setting to q-symphony is painful 

AndrewShu
Apprentice
Options

I have an android-box (mibox s) connected to my tv via hdmi. When the tv-box is ​​enabled, but not even serving as the source for the current view, then q-symphony is reset to hdmi-earc. if the tv-box is turned off or disconnected from hdmi, then after a while q-symphony itself is determined and works stably until the tv-box is turned on again. this is not a solution to the problem, but it is. I have not contacted Samsung support with this issue. Probably there is an hdmi conflict in the TV

0 Likes