Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Symphony not working with TV (QE75LS03TAUTK) and Soundbar (HW-Q70T)

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 03:11 PM)
Yanis T
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have been trying for months to get Q-Symphony to work with my TV, and it just doesn't work. I have tried almost everything. I tried connecting via HDMI, Wi-Fi to no avail. I don't know what to do. I tried factory resetting the TV and Soundbar and still doesn't work. I think it's because of an update (on the TV) that happened from version 22** to 23** and now even the latest update (2401) doesn't work. I do not have the optional rear surround speakers and I don't connect anything to the soundbar's HDMI port. Back then Q-Symphony worked with no problems using HDMI-eARC and using the included HDMI cable from the Soundbar but once after that update (on the TV) from 22** to 23**. It just stopped working. I thought maybe if I updated the Soundbar. It would work. I used the SmartThings app to check for updates on the Soundbar, and it said no updates available. I checked the support page and found an update and I got a USB OTG (Micro-USB to USB-A) and put the files on a 16 GB USB (formatted FAT32) and I did the update, and it worked on the Soundbar. I've got two devices with the latest update available, and it still doesn't work. I also decided maybe like it was region locked or something. I did an ISLS (Internet Service Location Setup) from Morocco to USA on the TV just to check and still nothing. I don't know what to do now. I mean yes I could shell out 150$ for the rear surround speakers (SWA-9100S) just why not, but I mean come on. The reason I want Q-Symphony is for surround sound. So basically from 3.1.2 to 5.1 channels and also If I do get the rear surround speakers. It will be theoretically a 7.1.2 channel setup obviously the speakers on the TV aren't exactly amazing but still. I really hope someone can help me and get this to work. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Let me make it easier for you, what exactly is the sound mode you have selected? Do you see TV + Soundbar option when yuy go to audio output settings? If you think the TV speaker sounds weak then you are not going to enjoy Qsymphony, it works well with Q95 series where the TV speakers are great too. One thing you might also notice Qsymphony is a bit consistent but greatly improved with Q90/95 models in 2022 and Soundbars like Q600 700 or 800 series.
0 Likes
Yanis T
First Poster
Options

No, I don't see a TV + Soundbar option well not anymore and I use all intelligent mode so everything is adaptive and yes I tried it. I disabled intelligent mode and put my soundbar to standard but still nope and for the models you listed. I don't have a 2022 tv nor soundbar. We talking Q-Symphony 1 not 2. I have a The Frame 2020 75" TV and HW-Q70T soundbar.

0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Does the soundbar have a remote? If so just restart soundbar, on your soundbar remote choose source and change it to D.IN

It should then allow you to choose TV +Soundbar
0 Likes
Yanis T
First Poster
Options

I said everything in the first post but yes I did already tried that. It didn't work and also tried turning on eARC and off and using just standard ARC but still nope. I do not have a toslink cable (Digital Input Cable).

0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
just check the with CS for any compatibility issues, looks like you have already tried everything else
0 Likes
RazorXDroiD
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my frame (QN55LS03TAGXZS)
After many tests I turned off the Anynet+ and with this the TV speaker stayed on along with the sound bar.
The volume of each device is controlled separately.

Sorry my bad english.

0 Likes