Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Q-symphony Issues

(Topic created on: 28-09-2021 08:49 PM)
DaveK82
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video
Hey, I have an issue with my QN85A QLED TV and the Q60T soundbar. I have it all connected correctly however when I have the Q-symphony option (TV & Soundbar) acrivated, I have the sound through the soundbar but nothing through the TV. I have placed the soundbar on the TV and listened close to the TV where the speakers are and there is nothing, no sound, no vibrations from the speakers. I have done this through the HDMI Arc option and also the Digital cable.

When the TV Sound is selected I have TV sound AND Soundbar, but can not alter the soundbar volume through the TV remote. The soundbar option sound is exactly the same as the TV & Soundbar option.

The TV has been reset via remote access by Samsung, they have checked my settings and still the TV remains soundless on Q-symphony......kinda defeats the purpose of the Q soundbar and could have got a cheaper option.

I also have no sound differences other then Game and Adaptive Sound when in Q-symphony option, DTX and Surround only available theought the Soundbar only option....

At Whits end....and ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
coreyrometomlinson
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video
Hi
0 Likes
RG444
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

I am having the exact same issue, I have a Samsung Q90T and a Samsung Q700a and when I select TV + Soundbar option, it won't turn on the TV speakers. Sound is only coming from the Soundbar. Very disappointing as I purchased a Samsung soundbar for Q Symphony. Tried Samsung chat and the customer service told me to read the manual and said that my soundbar needs to be hooked up with an HDMI (thanks captain obvious). Samsung soundbar is connected through HDMI eARC to TV through eARC, not sure if there is a solution for this yet. 

0 Likes
DaveK82
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video
Least I'm not the only one, I contacted Samsung and they called back a couple days later saying nothing was wrong, I asked them to clarify what Q-symphony is and confirmed that I do not get sound from both TV and Soundbar! The lady failed to understand and kept staying there is nothing wrong, after continued arguing she said the matter would be looked into again and some one would call back...5 weeks later, nothing......
0 Likes
RG444
Apprentice
Options
Audio & Video

I ended up talking to support today. And they indicated that I will only get Q Symphony through surround sound or Dolby 5.1 content. I tried it on a Netflix movie that had 5.1 and it worked. However, per the instructions it says that I should have the option of TV + Soundbar (HDMI) however, I only have TV + Soundbar (Wifi). 

0 Likes