Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Series Soundbar right choice for classical music ?

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Laetitia2020
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone, 

I'm a fan of classical music and would like to know if Q series soundbars are adapted for this kind of music ?

I really don't want a "night club" effect !

Could you please give me return on experiences ?

Thank you very much

Laëtitia

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

I have the q600b with 9200s rear speakers and classical music sounds great in standard mode, especially if you have a dts or Dolby digital track. Volume is fine at about 20 to 30, they are very loud bars. You may like the other modes but standard is the most realistic. Strings piano, and percussion all sound really clear 🙃

Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

I've got Amazon music on now, and there is a lot of classical and jazz content in Atmos, which do sound fine on Q soundbars. If  you are connecting a device thru hdmi for your music, put it directly into soundbar hdmi for better quality 🙃

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Probably not, but you could tweak the equaliser settings in the Smartthings app, select the soundbar, etc...

Dolby Atmos doesn't work, so your just getting a sort of weird stereo

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

I get sound thru all the speakers in Atmos depending on the mix, but Skrillex with missy Elliott and an Andre 3000 collab are multi channel, but some artists just plain stereo. I don't class my q600b with rears as having height sound, but it is Dolby Atmos. Too many formats and DSPs and leads just now confuse matters.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Through the TV app or are you connecting via a mobile, as everytime I tried no Dolby Atmos is displayed on the soundbar

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

It's a mixed bag ranging from displaying multi pcm stereo pcm Dolby digital and plus, and Atmos and dtsX. The app behaves differently on the TV pass thru to the app on a fire stick so it is challenging. Also there is SD HD HD ultra and Atmos to contend with on the Amazon music app alone!!! A firestick in the TV seems to put out Atmos but definitely works better thru soundbar input. What TV and bar are you using? I have an au 8000 TV  and a q600b bar with swa8200s speakers with 8k hdmi cables

Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

Sorry, I never use my phone even though that supports Atmos. I suppose Bluetooth and different phone brands will bring up a whole new can of worms. I'll try it though. Atmos content on YouTube is similar, with everything being displayed as stereo or multi pcm never Atmos. Phew! And I'm not expert, just patient 🙃

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TV QN95A and Soundbar Q900A with 900 rears.

Have never got anything other than the same sound from all speakers using Tidal via the TV or Mobile Bluetooth.

0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

I tried my phone it's only a Motorola g62 5g. It has Atmos, but defaulted to ultra hd as best bluetooth output. I don't know if flagship phones might do it, but not sure Bluetooth with actually process Atmos. Try your music apps thru TV though 🙃

0 Likes