Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem home cinema ht-j5500

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 10:30 PM)
cosimo5683
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone . I am Italian and since about Thursday I am experiencing problems with my Samsung ht-j5500 home cinema. Practically the remote control no longer goes and the signal on the hdmi jumps repeatedly. the display alternates the word load and no disc. Wednesday the system worked perfectly. Other than soundbar. I connected it to the internet for the first time after 8 months to check for updates and the problem arose the next day. Can you help me solve it? I don't want to buy a soundbar and I want to stay with Samsung.

32 REPLIES 32
Georgey
Pioneer
Options

I understand the frustration...i have a ht-j5550w and the same thing happened.

Need to wait maybe will find a solution.

gvriend
Pioneer
Options

Have an HT-5500J set too.

Yesterday everything was working OK.

Today no sound anymore on the radio part and hear something switching on and of inside the system.

Probably the wrong update has been installed with the loop failure.

0 Likes
brakko
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with my Samsung ht-j5500. I've tried to disconnect the dvd/blu ray drive, but it hasn't worked. It seems that it check for a new media in loop...

0 Likes
gvriend
Pioneer
Options

Samsung in the Netherlands told me that they are working on an new software update. Should be available this week.

Desie7
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same problem since last week(17th)  No sound from speakers and HDMI is constantly rebooting so no access to Netflix etc?? Any suggestions please??

0 Likes
Desie7
Apprentice
Options
Please tell me more? So I should not take my unit to a repair shop??
0 Likes
Desie7
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem from the same date and I have just spoken to Samsung they say they are aware of the problem and are working to rectify it??
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Seems to have been an issue over the weekend, good to know that Samsung are working on it.   Zdnet reported a loop issue with Blu Ray players and Home Cinema systems, saying it was unclear whether firmware issue or expired certificate. 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-blu-ray-players-are-rebooting-in-a-loop-and-nobody-knows-why/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Quizone
Student
Options

i have the same /similar  problem like you have. in french community another person has too 

i don't know what to do.

0 Likes