Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor bass sound from SWA-W700

(Topic created on: 18-05-2018 04:22 PM)
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

I am getting very poor bass from my SWA-W700 subwoofer.  I have it connected to a Hw-MS550 sound bar.

I have downloaded the Samsung app and updated the software on the soundbar.

I do get bass comimg from the sub but it is very weak.  I have increased the bass with the remote to +6.

I tried a Dolby Surround Test I found on YouTube.  When I was supposed to hear from the subwoofer there was nothing but I could hear a faint rumbling at other times.

I have tried playing music direct from my iPhone using both the wifi network and Bluetooth but still nothing more than a gentle rumble.

Any other suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

There was another thread with more information but Samsung have deleted it!!

I'd return the sub woofer asap and buy a different brand.

I bought a TV, sound bar and sub woofer.  The whole lot have been nothing but trouble.  Next time round I shall go back to Sony

0 Likes
Rycu250
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the responses. I've been on with Samsung tech support all night off and on via text. She's trying to tell me I bought the wrong sub for my MS650 soundbar. I keep pointing out where the Samsung website as well as my manuals show comparability. She then says I should have bought the SWA-9000s sub. The 9000 is the surround speaker set. Which I have as well. Kinda scary the tech lady knows so little. She's now saying that the mild rumble I get out of the sub is all it's capable of . Which is obviously not correct. I read about people raving about it shaking their house as much as I read it doesn't work. I really thought I was safe buying Samsung. Incredibly frustrating as it's an expensive sub. Returning it sounds like the best move but I'll still have the bar and surrounds and they are hollow and tinny without any low. Good luck to you guys with yours....

0 Likes