Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Q990B soundbar

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 06:45 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

So today, I ordered the Q990B soundbar around 1pm as they finally went live to order within an hour 10% off went live for this product no catch purely enter a code and instantly get 10% off. I called Samsung to see if they would honour my order as the 10% off went live the same day and within the hour of me ordering and they won’t honour the discount. Stating I would have to cancel the whole order which I can’t as it’s preparing for dispatch and they can’t do a partial refund… 

it is due to arrive tomorrow, and it’s not as simple as reordering as I used PayPal credit and the soundbar is £1599 which isn’t cheap and the 10% is good discount of £159. Why is it, that any other company offer 7 day price Match, honour discounts etc… yet you speak to Samsung ‘support’ and they basically transfer you to a million different departments but never get anywhere. 

10 REPLIES 10
MikeMagnum
Journeyman
Options

I'll say and I'm sure many will agree with me when I say Samsung need to review its customer service. You see all over the net how bad their customer service is. When will acknowledge your loyal customers. Its clear the above poster deserves 10% reimbursed to him in all fairness. Samsung do the right thing.

0 Likes
jondoc
First Poster
Options

I tried to buy with the 10% off, but it was out of stock that was 4/6/22. Asked to be notified when back in stock. Got notified on 9/6/22 that it was back in stock. Tried to purchase using the 10% code. The code expired on 7/6/22 .Very strange. The boxing wasn't factory fresh but had obviously been in storage in the warehouse. Contacted Samsung about the discount. Just got passed all over the place. Emailed the CEO , email returned. I went through topcashback and got £44 off. Used Samsung finance at 0% instead of paying cash. The soundbar is far above anything I've ever experienced, even in a cinema. Just wish I could find out why I've got 5 white led lights on below the scrolling screen, even when in standby. 

0 Likes
jondoc
First Poster
Options

Just to add. seems impossible to register for the warranty also.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jondoc: I'm sorry to hear that you encountered this issue when purchasing your soundbar, but it's wonderful that you were able to get it sorted, and are seeing the benefits of it's cinematic sound. Did you go for the Q990B, like the original poster? Regarding the warranty, please be assured that registration is not required, as this activates automatically on the date of purchase. For your other query, please can you provide a photo of the white lights you're seeing to give me a better understanding of the issue? 

0 Likes
jondoc
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply Andrew, I now feel I`m not alone. Yes I purchased the Q990B. It`s fantastic. The lights stay on in stand by and when it`s powered up. Thanks again.IMG_20220616_171815.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jondoc: I wasn't able to find a reference to these lights in the user manual. What connection method are you using, and does the correct connection information appear on the display e.g. D.IN, HDMI, Wi-Fi or BT? 

0 Likes
jondoc
First Poster
Options
  • Hdmi eArc . I downloaded the user manual before I started asking questions on the web. I am It and av literate and tried to eliminate all the easy stuff.. I really don't want to send this back as a duff system, after I,'ve praised it all over the internet. It is just these lights after all. The only thing I can think of is that the soundbar is stuck in update mode ,?. I can't get it to hard reset. Thanks again for your input Andrew
0 Likes
jondoc
First Poster
Options

Ok!. Taking it that the main soundbar has a definite fault, and Samsung Technicians on 3 sites cannot fathom why the fault is there ( I do now know what the fault is, through 3 days of wasting my unpaid time ). The soundbar is now being returned and not replaced ( replacement is what I really wanted; because it is a brilliant soundbar (even at the once in a lifetime; for me, price of £1600. ) because of Samsungs insistense on waiting to send a replacement till the faulty one is in the "returns" ???warehouse. Even if their Technicians cannot find a solution and want me to update them on the outcome of my/Samsungs faulty products??. Why isn`t the multi billion pound global Samsung empire not joined up. This is 2022. Send the replacement when the product that you know is faulty is picked up. The "Samsung Online Shop Expert" who helped me with my return, was the face or Samsung that thousands and thousands of negative reviewers of Samsung on the web, needed to be in contact with (Jassy is my Samsung  experts  name ? )

jondoc_0-1655668278070.png

Wish I`d seen the worldwide negative reviews about Samsung in general, befor I bought this brilliant, brilliant soundbar. But i`m notsure I`d bought differently though. Now I have to start the search process again.

0 Likes
jondoc
First Poster
Options

Had 2 calls from Samsung Korea today. They have no idea why the issue is happening. Sounbar is being returned as faulty on Wednesday as scheduled. Shame.

0 Likes