Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Surround sound

(Topic created on: 27-01-2017 02:11 PM)
MikeS
Student
Options

Help needed.

I have got a new KS 8000 tv, K650 soundbar and two WM 3500 speakers.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to set up surround sound.

I have gone through the set up with the helpline over 3 phone calls and about 2.5 hours on the phone.

The problem is that everything appears fine on the App and all speakers are showing on the TV and when I test them the sound comes from all the speakers and the sound bar. But when I go back to watch TV  I am not getting any sound out of the speakers .

I can however pick up radio stations from the App that will play through the speakers, but no sound through the TV.

The sound bar is displaying M.CH 

Any ideas anyone?

Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
Miguelón
Apprentice
Options
DanielJung's suggestion workable for me. Thank you very much.
0 Likes
Miguelón
Apprentice
Options

DanielJung's suggestion workable for me.
Solucionado cambiando de canal en el router en la banda 5G.
https://cioperu.pe/articulo/19727/como-configurar-los-canales-wifi-para-un-mejor-rendimiento-de-la/?...
0 Likes
Solution
Shahzeb
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. Tried 2.4G and then 5G WiFi signal settings on 36, 40, 44 channels but still didn’t worked. As my R7 Speakers were connected successfully with WiFi the problem was with TV sound although the test sound was fine.

Ive reset the TV software to factory default settings to flash the previous R6 Connection settings which was actually causing that issue. Once my Samsung TV was reset, i started hearing tv sound from my R7 speakers. Problem resolved. 

1) Press +and- volume of your speaker to reset to factory default.

2) Reset your TV settings to factory default.

3) Now configure the speakers, it will work.

Miguelón
Apprentice
Options

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Fredc201
First Poster
Options

I uplugged tv and all components for five minutes, plugged all back up, now I have surround again. THANK YOU

Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Been going slightly mad....

My setup - a Q7 TV, HWMS650 Soundbar and a 9500 Bluray - connected via HDMI through ARC. Just recently I bought 2 x R1 360 speakers, which I have setup wirelessly with the soundbar to create a 'surround' system. through the surround option within the audio settings of the TV.

This worked fine when just watching TV/Sky. I then thought I would set up the same with the bluray - configuring surround within the bluray audio settings. This seemed to go OK - the setup working fine. When then watching a bluray - the sound would switch to HDMI - despite having set the surround option as the default within the bluray menu.  If then I manually went into the top level menu of either the TV or bluray and re-selected surround the picture would drop out - giving me a black screen. Occassionally I would still get sound - more not than often.

After resetting all the various wireless connections for everything in the system, and ensuring they were on the 2.4ghz channel and not the 5ghz channel, everything was reconnected and tested. Fine again if watching TV - but the same problems encountered when trying to watch a disc.  In then end I have disconnected the HDMI lead fom the bluray to the soundbar, and soundbar from the tv - connecting the bluray straight to the TV, and connected the soundbar wirelessly to both bluray and tv. This now appears to work - but am I getting best use out of thesoundbar in this manner - am I missing something by connecting it wirelessly and not through HDMI in terms of quality?

0 Likes
Psipsina
Student
Options

Hello!

I have a problem since I bought Samsung The Frame 55 UE55LS003AUXZT and I'm not able to use it with my home theater system: HT-C453. I tried all the possible connections and I also changed proprely the audio settings on my TV but without success.

I also bought a new HDMI cable Hama Premium HDMI™ Cable with Ethernet (High Speed) to be sure was compatible with ARC, but always no sound from the speakers of the home theater. I also connected only the digital cable but no success.

The question is that the Home Theater works when is not connected to the TV.

Can you suggest/advice me what to do? Thanks 

0 Likes
bolvedi19844
Apprentice
Options

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION

0 Likes
gatolate
First Poster
Options

Thank you Shahzeb... your solution worked to me... R7 recovered sound for TV

0 Likes