Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Surround sound

(Topic created on: 27-01-2017 02:11 PM)
MikeS
Student
Options

Help needed.

I have got a new KS 8000 tv, K650 soundbar and two WM 3500 speakers.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to set up surround sound.

I have gone through the set up with the helpline over 3 phone calls and about 2.5 hours on the phone.

The problem is that everything appears fine on the App and all speakers are showing on the TV and when I test them the sound comes from all the speakers and the sound bar. But when I go back to watch TV  I am not getting any sound out of the speakers .

I can however pick up radio stations from the App that will play through the speakers, but no sound through the TV.

The sound bar is displaying M.CH 

Any ideas anyone?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanielJung
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I think your speaker all connected to the 5G wireless router.. And maybe your wireless router is using DFS channel..

(About CH52 ~ 64, 100 ~ 140)

If so, following below methods..

If your router support both 2.4G and 5G frequency, select 2.4G router..

Or If your router doesn't support 2.4G frequency, change channel to ch36, 40, 44..

After change if the problem persists, change connection...

TV and K650 connect to ARC(HDMI cable) or D.In(Optical cable).

K650 and WM3500 connect to wireless (same frequency, check : MultiRoom App > Settings >Advanced Settings > Network Status)  and setup surround on multiroom app..

I hope It is helpful.. 

View solution in context

Solution
Shahzeb
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. Tried 2.4G and then 5G WiFi signal settings on 36, 40, 44 channels but still didn’t worked. As my R7 Speakers were connected successfully with WiFi the problem was with TV sound although the test sound was fine.

Ive reset the TV software to factory default settings to flash the previous R6 Connection settings which was actually causing that issue. Once my Samsung TV was reset, i started hearing tv sound from my R7 speakers. Problem resolved. 

1) Press +and- volume of your speaker to reset to factory default.

2) Reset your TV settings to factory default.

3) Now configure the speakers, it will work.

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
AntS
Options

Hi there, @MikeS. :smileyhappy:

What's the software version on your TV? Settings > Support > Contact Samsung.

And what steps and advice did the helpline folks offer? 

0 Likes
Solution
DanielJung
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I think your speaker all connected to the 5G wireless router.. And maybe your wireless router is using DFS channel..

(About CH52 ~ 64, 100 ~ 140)

If so, following below methods..

If your router support both 2.4G and 5G frequency, select 2.4G router..

Or If your router doesn't support 2.4G frequency, change channel to ch36, 40, 44..

After change if the problem persists, change connection...

TV and K650 connect to ARC(HDMI cable) or D.In(Optical cable).

K650 and WM3500 connect to wireless (same frequency, check : MultiRoom App > Settings >Advanced Settings > Network Status)  and setup surround on multiroom app..

I hope It is helpful.. 

MikeS
Student
Options

Thank you Ant S

Sorry for delay in responding.

The software version is 1160 and on Auto update.

I have just checked for a manual update and I have the latest version.

The helpline have been helpful but so far have not solved the problem, although I havent been in contact with them for a few days. I have spent about 2 hours on the phone with them but all they did was continually take me through the set up process.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks - and no worries, @MikeS. :smileyhappy:

Is DanielJung's suggestion workable for you?

0 Likes
Cre8tivebod
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. I use a Virgin Superhub 3 Router, Samsung Hub and HW-J7500 sound bar with subwoofer and x2 R7 Speakers. My Multiroom App is Apple iPhone and iPad based.

Very frustrating. Please sort this out Samsung. Not happy about spending so much money on something that doesn't work.

not sure how Samsung don't want to take responsibility for this. There is clearly a problem. Having to provide for a family, there are many other things I could've spent my money on.

Hope you you can find a fix soon, before we all head to the trading standards.

this is clearly unacceptable!

0 Likes
Neilwales
Explorer
Options

Hi all frustrated surround sound (or lack of) users. I too have invested heavily about £3000.00 to date on Samsung KS8000, HWK650, 2 off R7 speaker's, bluRay player etc. My issue is as many others that when grouped through the multi app all speakers test ok but when playing anything through them in surround setting the sound from the R7 s is non existent. I have spent hours with tech support but no solution. I have read this is a Samsung technical issue software related. Has anyone heard of this or is there a solution other than put up and shut up. Come on Samsung!!

0 Likes
pcw67427
First Poster
Options

Daniel Jung,

This did the job. Guess w/ all the power disrubtions in area for repairs do to the recent hurricane some how or another my wifi ch. was changed to (56). Changed it to (44) & was able to get my HW-K850 soundbar & R3 rear speakers to connect again, & surround sound to work again.

Thnx!!!

Paulaubrey
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. 

Vodafone dual band router. Two R1s and the HW-J7500R. 

Continuous drop outs the can’t ungroup either on the TV or MultiRoom app. Did full resets of bar and R1s and then had to all relink. Then get the WiFi channel doesn’t support DFS message. 

This is rubbish. Samsung I am so angry and have spent two years struggling to get this sorted. Have even had a new Main board in the TV under warranty as thought this may fix it. HELP

0 Likes
Miguelón
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue too.

Dual band router, connected to 5G.

TV Samsung JU7000. Two R6s and the HW-J8500R soundbar.

Can’t ungroup either on the TV or MultiRoom app to listen surround sound.

The WiFi channel doesn’t support DFS message received.

This is rubbish!!! A lot money spent in samsung products.

0 Likes