Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on soundbar

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 07:39 PM)
NikatConway
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help with this issue. I’ve recently bought a new Samsung T550 Soundbar to go with my new Toshiba 4K TV. I connected the sound bar via Bluetooth which was fine, but I’m getting a slight audio delay which is annoying. I figured the best way to connect would therefore be with the HDMI Arc.

I connected a HDMI cable to the ARC port on both the Soundbar and the TV. I’ve set the TV to play audio through the hdmi arc, and selected the correct setting on the sound bar. The sound bar displays ‘hdmi arc’ and my TVs remote even now turns the sound up and down visually. However I’m getting absolutely no sound. I’ve tried unplugging all other hdmi ports and still no sound

any one have ideas?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
what do u use for signal to tv?,sky virgin etc, if just tv aerial,use a optical lead not arc
0 Likes
NikatConway
Apprentice
Options

I use satellite aerial from sky,  but there was no sound on the tv even when sky was unplugged and I was checking the tv sound

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
sound bar instructions say select D in on source
0 Likes
NikatConway
Apprentice
Options

Yeah it does, and then says hdmi arc on the sound bar

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
you cant beat an optical lead in my opinion , tv to soundbar...it says the soundbar has a hdmi in,if so plug the sky in there,pain in the butt some of todays tech,never easy,
0 Likes
NikatConway
Apprentice
Options

I’ve brought an optical cable now, I’ll try and fit it later. Will this work with all the tech that’s plugged into the tv? Xbox, sky, chromecast etc

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
yes it will,
0 Likes