Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound coming from rear speakers connected to soundbar

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 08:16 PM)
LeonidasFettiku
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

I have bought a Samsung soundbar and rear speakers to connect to my Samsung Smart TV. When I got them, I connected the rear speakers to my soundbar and the soundbar to my TV, I also made sure that the blue LED on the receiver of the rear speakers was constantly blue.

Then I wanted to test if the surround sound was working and by the life of me, I cannot make any sound come out of the rear speakers. The soundbar works fine, only the rear speakers stay silent. According to the user manual of my soundbar and the rear speakers, they should be compatible. The things I have tried so far:

• Make sure that the clamps clamp down on the copper wire instead of the plastic tubing of the wire connecting the rear speakers to the receiver
  • Reconnecting the receiver of the rear speakers to the soundbar (have done this multiple times)
    • Turned off soundbar
    • Pressed the little button on the rear of the rear speakers' receiver until the blue LED started to blink
    • Pressed the VOL button of the soundbar's remote until the soundbar displayed "ID set"
    • Turned soundbar back on and made sure that the LED on the rear speakers' receiver was constantly blue and that it didn't flash
  • Connected the soundbar to the TV via Bluetooth and optical cable
  • To exclude any configuration errors on the TV, I also tried connecting my phone directly to the soundbar via bluetooth and then playing a 5.1 test song via Spotify

Sadly, all these things didn't work and I still can't hear anything coming out from my rear speakers. Anybody got any idea? I contacted Samsung support but their first level support couldn't help me so he scheduled an appointment for remote assistance, which will be on Monday. But since I have a vacation week right now, I'd like to know if the speakers are broken so I can return them.

I live in Germany, if that makes any difference.

Soundbar: HW-M360

Rear Speakers: SWA-8500S/EN

TV: RU7179

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Houndog787
Explorer
Options

Hello

Did you manage to figure this out?

0 Likes
LeonidasFettiku
Apprentice
Options

Hi, my rear speakers were broken. I got them replaced and the replacements worked. So if you tried all the fixes you find on the internet (can't remember them anymore) and it still doesn't work, then I guess yours are broken too.

0 Likes
Houndog787
Explorer
Options

Brilliant thanks

How do you find the swa 8500s? 

Im after rear speakers for my n850 soundbar and I'm not sure what the difference is if any between the swa 8500s and the swa 9000s

0 Likes
LeonidasFettiku
Apprentice
Options

They serve their purpose. It's not "true" 5.1 as the rear speakers always emit sound. Normally, true 5.1 sound would only trigger the rear speakers if something was behind you. Nonetheless, the experience is much better than with just the soundbar. I only use them in a small room as they are not particularly loud, but that is expected from such small speakers. 

All in all, they are worth the $150 or so I paid for them. Although if you are buying everything new and not just the rear speakers to complement a soundbar you already have, I would advise you to look for a  soundbar that support Dolby Atmos instead. My phone supports Atmos and the sound quality and 5.1 "feel" is much better than with my soundbar and RS.

0 Likes
Houndog787
Explorer
Options

My soundbar does support Dolby Atmos

I have the Samsung HW-N850 but I need some rear speakers and I have been looking at the swa 8500s and the swa 9000s

The 9000s cost more but I can't see what the difference is between them and the swa 8500s

0 Likes
LeonidasFettiku
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, I can't help you with that other than to say that the 9000's probably have better sound. Just be sure you check the compatibility list for your soundbar before buying any rear speakers. You can find the list in your user's manual.

0 Likes
Houndog787
Explorer
Options

Ok thanks for getting back to me

Glad you got your speakers sorted out 🙂

Garfield 1
First Poster
Options

I’m sorry I cannot help you, but I am dealing with the same thing and I don’t know what to do myself. If anyone out there can help us please respond.

0 Likes