Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 11:33 AM)
Sweetcorn024
Student
Options

Sirs,

My first time of using this Community, so please handle with care !

BD-F5100 Blu-ray Disc Player owned from new but seldom used. Connected to JVC Smart HD TV via HDMI. I followed 'manual' and powered off player & TV before connecting HDMI cable. Both power up okay and there is no apparent problem with the tv. HDMI option is selected on tv but a floating 'No Signal' message is displayed on screen with  a time countdown.  I've physically check all connections and tried other proven HDMI cables. I cannot get past this message.

Help and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Sweetcorn024

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sweetcorn024  In the settings check HDMI Deep colour , if Tv only HD would need to be switched off. Otherwise check you have the latest firmware though not updated since 2017 https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/BD-F5100/XU/#downloads  if sure connections secure can you try another port  in case there is an issue with that connection.   Manual   here https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201303/20130305105046122/IB_BD-F5100_XU-0304_BM.pdf software can be updated either directly or via USB.

you could  try Factory Resetting by pressing the stop Button for more than 5 seconds and if still issue disconnect both the BD player (including cables)and power off the Tv for around a minute before reconnecting.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Sweetcorn024
Student
Options

Thank you James4578 for your guidance. I have downloaded to a stick and will try to  update the device when it is domestically convenient. You mention  HDMI deep colour settings but I cannot get past "No Signal"  on tv screen. Will I be able to update off the stick because of that fact, also?

Thanks again James4578, I'll follow your guidance in due course and maybe try a Factory Reset as you propose. Failing all else, I do have a 5kg hammer in my shed. Best regards, Sweetcorn024.

0 Likes
Sweetcorn024
Student
Options

Hi James4578,

I've tried all options as suggested.  USB update attempt; no reaction from device - factory reset attempt;  no reaction from device. It just remained dormant  with 'power' light illuminated. Trouble is, I can't get into 'Settings' to investigate. Clearly, it's a basic problem. I'll try a fresh setup with a different HDMI cable; I'll try the original cable on a different device.  Hammer is at the ready. 

0 Likes