Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Home support for Soundbar Q90R, why!?

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 10:33 PM)
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

So I know officially Samsung soundbar Q90R doesnt include support for google assitance but only alexa, I just wanted to know if there is a particular reason for this as I doubt it is a technical problem.

Why do I ask, well as a google home user with all my smart products as well as wireless speakers I was really hoping I could use my Q90R sounbar to include in that enviroment to play music in multple rooms.

I really wished samsung would have included this, maybe it is just a software thing and they could include in an update?

Anyway, very happy with the sound of this thing but it would have made it perfect to have it in google home.

13 REPLIES 13
McAJ
Pioneer
Options

@LazyX9 wrote:

Just missed your response, that explains how you can control the soundbar, with your third party logitec product.

Doesnt solve the problem though as its only a patch, the solution would be fully supported google assistance.

And the question remains, who is to be blamed, Samsung or Google, or both?

For Samsung and/or Google to answer.

It is a question for us both

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

well as I just wrote I have both my TV and Soundbar registered in the Smart Thing app, its the only way I can turn the TV off for example, without using any third party.

The Samsung Smart Home App is only for appliances and not TV/audio systems.. So Im not sure why that would make any difference?

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Hi Tess,

I have been in contact with Google Support, and their answer is that its Samsung who need to add the google assistance feature for the soundbar to be added into the google home ecosystem.

So the question is why havent Samsung already added this feature to the device? And can we expect it to be added in the near future?

Alfred83
Journeyman
Options

Very big mistake to buy a Samsung Harman kardon. Once it was Harman kardon with a very good Google home support. Fortunately I've told my friend not to buy this soundbar. He didn't buy this soundbar although it is a good soundbar but with no Google support it really sucks. When it will not supported buy Samsung I will never buy Samsung again. Their support really sucks. Also with their smart watches. Why should you listen to your customers..... Nokia and BlackBerry made the same mistake so bye bye Samsung hopefully