Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Home support for Soundbar Q90R, why!?

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 05:18 PM)
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

So I know officially Samsung soundbar Q90R doesnt include support for google assitance but only alexa, I just wanted to know if there is a particular reason for this as I doubt it is a technical problem.

Why do I ask, well as a google home user with all my smart products as well as wireless speakers I was really hoping I could use my Q90R sounbar to include in that enviroment to play music in multple rooms.

I really wished samsung would have included this, maybe it is just a software thing and they could include in an update?

Anyway, very happy with the sound of this thing but it would have made it perfect to have it in google home.

13 REPLIES 13
McAJ
Pioneer
Options

Dear Samsung,

I also have the Samsung Harman Kardon HW-Q90R and I also am keen to know why there is no support for the Google Home ecosystem. Has this got to do with the fact that the US is more using Alexa than we do here in Europe?

I am able to use Google Home just to turn the sounbar on and off, but, that's about it.

Thanks!

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @McAJ ,

have you tried to reach Google to see if they will support this in the future in Europe? 

0 Likes
McAJ
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

Is your suggestion the actual path to follow? Logically, I would ask Samsung first, which I just did.

If Samsung would suggest me to contact Google for this I am happy to do so.

Thanks!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

As you mentioned that some options are available but other not, I would suggest contacting them to get further information about this as our support on other brands products is limited. 

0 Likes
McAJ
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I understand your point, but, I need to add that I manage to turn on and off the sounbar in combination with the Logitech Harmony Elite universal remote. Google Home supports Logitech Harmony's ecosystem which, on itself, enables me to carry out stored activities in the Logitech Hanrmony Hub using Google Home. I am not able to natively manage the soundbar using Google Home.

Thanks

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Thats interesting that you say you can turn the soundbar on/off as this is not the case for me. When I tell google assistance to turn on/off the soundbar I get the response "Sorry, power control is not yet supported"

I have a Samsung TV connected via Smart Things and in the google home ecosystem, that allows me ONLY to turn the TV OFF as I understand Smart Things is cloud based and when the TV is off it goes offline in the app and will have to be turned on manually. Real stupid if you ask me.

It would be great if Samsung could clearify if this is a Samsung issue or a Google issue as Im sure they must know what their product can and cannot do right? And if its google who need to support the product Im sure Samsung must be involved or am I wrong?

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Just missed your response, that explains how you can control the soundbar, with your third party logitec product.

Doesnt solve the problem though as its only a patch, the solution would be fully supported google assistance.

And the question remains, who is to be blamed, Samsung or Google, or both?

0 Likes
McAJ
Pioneer
Options

I manage to turn on and off my QE55Q90R QLED TV without any issues. Only requirement is to register it in SmartThings. For this purpose you can load the Samsung Smart Home service in the Google Home app.

0 Likes
McAJ
Pioneer
Options

But to come back to the original poster's question as to why Samsung does not include the Google Home support in their Q90R soundbar I am keen to know what Samsung's motivation for that actually is.