Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4K Output when XBOX Series X connected to HW-Q90R sound-bar

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 11:14 AM)
kkusalavan
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have connected my new XBOX Series X to the HW-Q90R soundbar which is connected to a 4K Projector. When I check XBOX video settings I am seeing it's set to 1080p. When I change to 4K UHD, it is showing an error saying the display doesn't support 4K 50HZ nor 4K 60HZ and no support for HDR10. I am using the HDMI 2.1 cable that was supplied with the XBOX. I have tried connecting to both HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. Its the same issue.

But when I connect the XBOX Series X directly to the projector HDMI then I see the support for 4K UHD and HDR10.

I have tried connecting to both HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 in the soundbar. Its the same issue.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Set up your Xbox One X and your Samsung QLED TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084864/
kkusalavan
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your quick response. But this setting is for a Samsung TV. I don't have the same setting for Samsung Soundbars. I have already enabled this setting on my projector.

HM9K
Pioneer
Options
have you tried turning it on and off again?
0 Likes
kkusalavan
Apprentice
Options

I have and also tried resetting the soundbar to default factory settings. Still didn't help.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kkusalavan wrote:

Hello,

I have connected my new XBOX Series X to the HW-Q90R soundbar which is connected to a 4K Projector. When I check XBOX video settings I am seeing it's set to 1080p. When I change to 4K UHD, it is showing an error saying the display doesn't support 4K 50HZ nor 4K 60HZ and no support for HDR10. I am using the HDMI 2.1 cable that was supplied with the XBOX. I have tried connecting to both HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. Its the same issue.

But when I connect the XBOX Series X directly to the projector HDMI then I see the support for 4K UHD and HDR10.

I have tried connecting to both HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 in the soundbar. Its the same issue.

Can anyone help?

@kkusalavan: This is normal. You will need to connect your Series X directly to your projector in order for it to recognise the compatible output options such as 4K UHD and HDR10. 

0 Likes