Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 03:46 PM)
NicRich74
Apprentice
Options
Hi I've tried transferring music from my old Galaxy 10 to S21,only some of the tracks transferred. So I deleted an album and tried adding it back on via my laptop and USB,but it still says play back failed,and won't play. Even though the album is stored in my files,it won't play through Samsung music 🤔 Can anyone help?
11 REPLIES 11
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
It happen to me some time ago. It was an issue with the file... Try playing those files on your computer first and try transferring to the phone after. It didn't work for me when I played it on iTunes but once I used the Windows media player it was OK. Hopefully it will work for you too🤞
NicRich74
Apprentice
Options
I tried yesterday,I deleted the album from my phone,played a couple of tracks on my laptop to see if it was ok,synced the album to my phone,but my phone failed to play back. The album was from a c.d that I had put on my laptop. I looked through my files and the album was in the files 🤯 Drove me crazy,used Windows media player too.
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
That's a shame... Did you try playing the music with other apps?
NicRich74
Apprentice
Options
No I haven't as Samsung music was always my 1st choice,as it was generally all my old cd's transferred from my laptop.
Will have to make playlists on Spotify or Amazon 🙂
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Give it a go try playing it with another app maybe it will work? 🤞Good luck
NicRich74
Apprentice
Options
I will, I can play some tracks through Samsung music, seems to be tracks that I have downloaded work,but tracks transferred that don't 🤔 Which is really annoying because it was part of why I like Samsung phones. Thank you for your help 🙂
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try backing up your music to a pc, using Smart Switch, then remove the sd card from your phone, place it in your pc's card slot, locate your music file within the Smart Switch backup, and manually transfer them to the card. Once complete, try playing the problematic files again, by replacing the sd card back into your device.
waran
Apprentice
Options
guys did u download the app?
0 Likes
Pete61
Explorer
Options
@NicRich74 i had the same problem i got some advice of this site go to your play store app and download wma to mp3 converter it works I've got over 700 songs and they all play now give it a go