Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom support ended?

(Topic created on: 27-11-2021 08:41 AM)
MakeK
First Poster
Options

Is it true that multiroom support have been ended. 

I have problem with tunein radio stations. 
There are few stations not working anymore in multiroom app. 
Those stations work fine played with tunein app. 

I asked help from samsung support and i got answer that support has been ended. 
I have 7 multiroom speakers, hub, soundbar and two wam270 streamers. 

The whole set is pretty much useless for me if multiroom app doesn’t work properly. 

So, how soon i have pile of samsung junk in my house  ??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DJG_Shef
Journeyman
Options

Some months ago I installed the app but decided it couldn't do much for me that Spotify or Alexa can't do and removed it. Recently I reinstalled it and it doesn't appear to be even working. Seems very much like a legacy app that needs scrapping or replacing.

0 Likes
Members_rg15XMM
First Poster
Options

It hasn't worked since android 10

0 Likes
Options

Thank you for your post. You are confirming what I am guessing since a while: support is no longer available.

I ran only recently into same troubles with several radio stations. I could no longer find them in tunein 😢. In order to avoid ending-up with "samsung junk in my house", I resolved the problem as follows💡:

The problem of missing radio stations is in my case is not caused by the multiroom app itself, but by

• tunein, who does no longer find my preferred radio stations, as it misses to update the appropriate links to these stations, who unfortunately changed the addresses, but luckily the new ones are published on their respective websites; and
  • the radio station, at least in one of my cases, who has changed its policy and no longer provides a static streaming address, but only a dynamicly assigned ones. I assume they use this for tracking its listeners. But luckely once the address is created, one can use it over and over again (works for almost three months now).

💡I solved both problems by installing a MinimServer on my server hardware. MinimServer reportingly works well with verious hardware plattforms e.g. NAS from Synology, Qnap ... The MinimServer is allowing to create playlists, which can hold the missing radio station links. The update streaming links of my prefered radio stations are now stored in my playlist (***.m3u text file). I can now easily select the MinimServer icon appearing in the multiroom app and then select my radio station from my playlist. The multiroom app connects then the selected radio station to my samsung speakers R3, R5 or soundbar HW-K850 💡.

All works fine again 😀 and I could extend the life of my speakers🎉 at least for a while 🤔.

For more information on radio streaming with the MinimServer check-out this https://minimradio.com.

Hint: In case you need to get hold of a "dynamically assigned" streaming address for your radio station, you can find it with the help of your browser's development mode.

0 Likes
DJG_Shef
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the information on the workaround Daniel.

It's annoying that Samsung point us towards installing the Multiroom app but don't say that it's obsolete.

Using a server is clearly a solution but it is a world away from streaming from the likes of Spotify (hard discs and servers are obsolete in our household). Chromecast is a pretty good alternative and Bluetooth if I'm desperate.

0 Likes