Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom App and Deezer

(Topic created on: 20-04-2021 10:59 PM)
JaneD
Apprentice
Options

I've been told by Tech Support today (I had to contact them as they don't call me)  that Deezer is no longer supported via the Multiroom App. This appears to be Samsung's solution to mine and other users problems with accessing Deezer via the App. They haven't chosen to tell any of us and Deezer still appears within the choice of Apps. I'm told it will be removed when they next update Multiroom. I'm appalled with their response to this problem! They can't tell me which streaming service they will support next via Multiroom. As of last week Deezer didn't know they were being ditched.

Like others we have commited a lot of money to Samsung Audio equipment and feel we have been sold a pup. Afterall we signed up to Deezer as it was part of the package on offer when we purchased the R7 Egg. 

I have used the Support link to email the CEO and suggest that others do the same. It seems that putting comments on this Community page brings no results, except incredulous emails that tell me I have been awarded a badge! Or have Kudos! All for highlighting a problem that Samsung doesn't want to fix.

Unbelieveable!

Jane D

10 REPLIES 10
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

Well, this is very bad news!

As you say, a lot of us Samsung R360 speaker owners bought these speakers due to the included Deezer promotion.

I personally (and stupidly) used the included Deezer promotion as justification to buy more speakers and my thoughts were that I could offset the cost of buying the overly expensive speakers by saving £240 over two years as I could claim the maximum 24 months worth of Deezer Premium (which was £10 per month).

Only problem being that, I got about six months out of it before the playlist issue occured, making the service utterly useless for me and some others, but strangley not all from what I can gather.

I remember you, JaneD, asking me a few weeks ago whether I'd managed to sort the log-in issue.  Initially I thought you were on about the playlist issue, but then realised it was a newer issue regarding logging in to the Deezer service within Samsung Multiroom of which I wasn't aware.

I hadn't had this issue before, so logged out of Deezer at the time and when I tried to log in, there it was "Invalid ID".

I personally wasn't too bothered at this point as I'd started using Tidal, which as you probably already know is another streaming service that is also available in the Samsung Multiroom app.

Well that was great for all of three weeks until I started getting the same log-in error as I did in Deezer about a week ago.

I mentioned it on here and a few other people had the same issue and I also contacted Tidal customer support.

Well someone did something, be it Samsung or Tidal, but the service was back up and running again last night.

I hoped in my heart of hearts that the Tidal issue was a similar to what was happening with Deezer had and could be easily rectified if the right tech person was tasked with sorting it out.

This does not seem the case from from what you've been told by Tech Support and that sucks big time.

You should share that CEO email link here so that we can all be sure to send to the same email address.

Have you been on the Deezer community forum to see if any of the support staff on there can clear this up?

https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/samsung-multiroom-app-login-issues-24265?sort=dateli...

0 Likes
t1no
Explorer
Options

OMG!! It's working again!!!!

Thanks Samsung

0 Likes
t1no
Explorer
Options

Just tried it today and it appears to be working again... give it a go :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Julien17
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately it doesn't work with my account (in Germany). I can connect to deezer with my soundbar MS750 but not with my WAM 6500.

0 Likes
Rikkielauda
Student
Options

What a shame that it still doesn't work. Samsung please solve it!!!. Deezer is one of the most used stream music services in the Netherlands and the music service I use every day now because of working add home due to the covid outbreak. I have 3 multiroom speakers (R1, R3 and sound bar MS650) and now I can't connect with them via Wifi for Deezer. This is NOT ACCEPTIBLE!

0 Likes
t1no
Explorer
Options
@Rikkielauda ... it has been working for me with my Deezer subscription. I have two R3 speakers and it is ok (last checked this weekend but I will check again)
0 Likes
Rikkielauda
Student
Options

Hi @t1no, thanks for your swift reply. I will reset the speakers and connect them again. Maybe this will help. (I have installed a mesh network two weeks before. That maybe a problem now). 

0 Likes
t1no
Explorer
Options
Looks like the problem is back again for me. It reports no internet connectivity when trying to use Deezer. But there plainly is an internet connection because other services work just fine. If I log out of of the Deezer account it's not possibly to sign back in again. This is exactly the same issue I had last year.
0 Likes
RogerPortner1
Apprentice
Options

I switched to spotify because it has a function where I can control all my Samsung Multiroom speakers and more 🙂

Screenshot_Spotify.jpg

0 Likes